• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    This thread was never intended to HELP the small business owner or an ammo flipper. It was bad enough when, through this thread, people would then list their 22 ammo in the classified section for a large profit. But for someone to use this thread as a method to buy a somewhat limited product to the public, and then resell it at a retail setting (gun show) is grossly unfair. Now if this person didn't post anything about his intent, then we would be no worse the wiser. He could have sold this ammo at a gun show with none of knowing. But to put it out, that due to the graciousness of a fellow member of the board, he is now going to profit in a retail setting (gun show) is just wrong.

Since he didn't list the ammo with a price nor offered it for sale on this forum, I don't believe he broke any forum rules. But that not withstanding, it was in poor taste in my opinion.

I thought the original intent was a fantastic idea. Once a member found and bought his ammo, he would post a message so other like minded individuals could reap the so called bounty. But this slaps everyone in the face that did it for pure reasons and not use this thread as a distribution center for their retail business.

I'm sure this issue will now prevent others from posting where they are finding ammo locally and that's a shame.

OK, this makes sense to me. I haven't visited this thread - all 80 pages of it - and just saw some guy being jumped on for being enterprising.

I don't suppose the comments and such will change much of what goes on; those who want to post their finds will do so, and those who feel it feeds the predators will refrain, just as before. I thought the post in question was in questionable taste, but not grossly out of line. Apparently others disagree. So it goes.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    This thread was never intended to HELP the small business owner or an ammo flipper. It was bad enough when, through this thread, people would then list their 22 ammo in the classified section for a large profit. But for someone to use this thread as a method to buy a somewhat limited product to the public, and then resell it at a retail setting (gun show) is grossly unfair. Now if this person didn't post anything about his intent, then we would be no worse the wiser. He could have sold this ammo at a gun show with none of knowing. But to put it out, that due to the graciousness of a fellow member of the board, he is now going to profit in a retail setting (gun show) is just wrong.

Since he didn't list the ammo with a price nor offered it for sale on this forum, I don't believe he broke any forum rules. But that not withstanding, it was in poor taste in my opinion.

I thought the original intent was a fantastic idea. Once a member found and bought his ammo, he would post a message so other like minded individuals could reap the so called bounty. But this slaps everyone in the face that did it for pure reasons and not use this thread as a distribution center for their retail business.

I'm sure this issue will now prevent others from posting where they are finding ammo locally and that's a shame.

^this.

I've benefited indirectly from the ammo threads in securing enough ammo to avoid mad scrambles on range days.

I post in the ammo threads when I saw ammo (but now only 22lr) to help out others who might not be as flexible with time to check various locations every couple of days.

If others wish to "hoard" based on my postings, so be it because I know they will eventually have enough, will be shooting it, and may even donate (or sell at cost).

I myself have sold at cost to others seeking a caliber I just happen to have a few extra boxes of.

I do not post in these threads with the intent on helping scalpers turn a profit. I highly doubt such people even care an iota about the shooting sports or encouraging others to get into the sport.

Such scalpers should stop cutting corners with respect to taxes, business licenses, etc. and just order pallets directly from the manufacturer.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I use pm's to advise those I know in need if I know of availability because of the scalping. I would mention typical sources but others post of sources I typically use so no sense in being redundant.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    54681979.jpg

Eight-Cent-Ammo-FORUM.jpg

And bragging about it. Pretty damn crass.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    .22lr at Hampstead WM

I check that Walmart all the time and have yet to find .22 there. Thanks for picking it out of my backyard.:D

BTW how did your daughters team do? I've got a bunch of those NC lacrosse players at my house this morning for a B-day party.

For over 3 years I was a p/t vendor in that store, and only RARELY did I ever find any .22 on the shelf to buy. Usually, if I sdid not buy it as soon as it was being put out, or still in the box waiting to be put out, I could never get any. Same with the Westminster store. But then, occassionally when I was lucky enough to be there when they had some, I did not have enough money to purchase it, when in 1000 M22 bricks...hahahahahahah oh well. It is like when I get a email from Midway that CCI or something else is in, if I am not LUCKY enough to be online, and buy it within 10 min of getting the email, TOO LATE!!!:envy: :D

wanman75

Jan 17, 2012
    Gaithersburg, MD
    What *is* considered a good price per round (all in, including shipping and tax) for the various flavors of 22LR? It's very likely a dumb question, but please bear with me. I only just discovered the joys of .22 a couple of months ago. Since it hasn't generally been available in the LGS and WM around me (in Monkey county) I've been buying online, generally at 0.10 to 0.14 a round. With all the Appleseeds coming up, and the fact that I bring new shooters to each one, I would rather not keep getting bent over.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    :confused:Now days, I think that $.08 - $.09 is a decent price for CCI, Winchester, Federal and the better grades of Remington with shipping and/or tax these days. I really miss the old days of a 50 round box for $2 or less.

carpecervisi

Feb 10, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    I was eyeing the PSA sale for a while, kept hoping to find a free shipping coupon...no such luck. Still, shipped it was less than $.10/rnd and better than similarly priced Golden Bullets. Pulled the trigger in anticipation of my stuff getting out of NFA jail next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom