• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    "That shit" is match grade ammo (and the real thing not the Federal "match" that is supersonic.) Its fairly priced for what it is. I've shot some Wolf and its as good as some of the lower end Eley stuff I have. Both are better than the shooter.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

If you are interested in precision Match .22 ammunition it will be worth your while to do ammo testing to determine what is the most accurate in your specific firearm. Precision .22 shooters will find which specific brand type and manufacturing lot is most accurate in their gun then buy all they can get and when they run out redo the testing all over. They will have different most accurate ammo for different guns because each individual gun even if the same make and model will have its own best ammo.

http://www.accurateshooter.com/guns-of-week/22lr-rimfire-ammo-comparison-test/

http://www.accuratereloading.com/22rf.html

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Ok. Let me know when and where to meet.

Wil do. Thanks of the tip on the CCI. I got the 2nd to the last box at Dicks Fri nite. Guy right after me bought the last one. They did have plenty of the 525 rd boxes of Rem Golden for $29.95. I just like any CCI RN bullets. I"ll always buy when I find it though I don't need any. They just flat out work.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    "That shit" is match grade ammo (and the real thing not the Federal "match" that is supersonic.) Its fairly priced for what it is. I've shot some Wolf and its as good as some of the lower end Eley stuff I have. Both are better than the shooter.

Unless people are serious about .22 target shooting they don't get it. I know I didn't years ago, then I got into CZ's, Annies and BRNO's.

J1911

Aug 27, 2014
    SoMD
    Has anyone in southern Maryland area found a place that's actually got 22 Long rifle? Not the junk, offbrand BS, but decent Remington Winchester or CCI?

I've tried Walmart, dicks, online and even local gun shops.

Keep reading in this thread about places all around Baltimore and western Maryland have it, but what good does it do to spend $30 in gas to get to bricks of ammo?

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Has anyone in southern Maryland area found a place that's actually got 22 Long rifle? Not the junk, offbrand BS, but decent Remington Winchester or CCI?

I've tried Walmart, dicks, online and even local gun shops.

Keep reading in this thread about places all around Baltimore and western Maryland have it, but what good does it do to spend $30 in gas to get to bricks of ammo?

I found some CCI in Pa. For 45$ per 500. Not the best price but I buy it so I have something to shoot besides my match grapde Lapua and Wolf.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I got a 2 brick box (1000 rounds) of M22 at Walmart in Hampstead for 50.97 plus tax, yesterday. My daughter had a lax game up there and I just happen to stop in. I had to wait a while for the guy to get his manager to price it. It was the only one in the case.
    I will sell it for 100.:rofl:

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I got a 2 brick box (1000 rounds) of M22 at Walmart in Hampstead for 50.97 plus tax, yesterday. My daughter had a lax game up there and I just happen to stop in. I had to wait a while for the guy to get his manager to price it. It was the only one in the case.
    I will sell it for 100.:rofl:

I check that Walmart all the time and have yet to find .22 there. Thanks for picking it out of my backyard.:D

BTW how did your daughters team do? I've got a bunch of those NC lacrosse players at my house this morning for a B-day party.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I check that Walmart all the time and have yet to find .22 there. Thanks for picking it out of my backyard.:D

BTW how did your daughters team do? I've got a bunch of those NC lacrosse players at my house this morning for a B-day party.

We were the team that got creamed. Most of our team (c team) are new players. We did score 2 goals though....

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Walmart in Fredericksburg had the 325 round boxes of Federal Auto Match today...$18.97 each.

Friend picked some up in DE Cabellas the other day for $16. He said they had a lot of CCI MM HP also and that no one was stocking up on either. Maybe things are turning around.

Fireman51

Feb 18, 2014
    Friend picked some up in DE Cabellas the other day for $16. He said they had a lot of CCI MM HP also and that no one was stocking up on either. Maybe things are turning around.

That is good to hear...still not seeing that kind of stock on hand locally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom