• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Bass pro has the Winchester 36gr CPHP wood box stuff for $35 for 500rnds and they have free shipping right now...less than 8c a round after tax. Snapped up a box. Not sure on the limit as I only wanted 1 box. My secure storage for ammo is kind of limited right now, but at that price and a fun little wood box, heck yes.

Maybe 22lr is finally starting to not be ridiculously hard to find? I should now have enough 22lr on had to think ill actually last a year or more of range plinking and squirrel/rabbit hunting.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Gander mountain has federal game shok 38gr CPHP for $3.99 a box and free shipping right now. I have to stay off ammo seek. It is making me buy all the 22lr. I think I am up to 1400rnds with that little 3 box order. Also 5 types of 36-38gr CPHP to try in my new mossberg 702.

At some long once I find an ammo it and I like i'll probably buy a few bricks of it when I can find it cheap, but I need better ammo storage solution before I can just go willy nilly loading up on so much 22lr. Sigh.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Interesting, It was still showing in stock last night.

I bought 4 last night, probably ran out overnight.

Could have bought 10 and sold the other 6 in April when people will be willing to pay 20 cents a round.

I'll be completely surprised if you can buy .22 anywhere next summer. The same dumb sh!t in every panic. People will get theirs and then vote to stop their neighbor from getting one next year.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    I'm up in Rhode Island visiting my wife's family for Thanksgiving. So today my son and I did our "escape the inlaws" trek to visit Kittery Trading Post in Kittery, Maine. They had a bunch of stuff on sale, including Federal Automatch 325-round boxes for $19.99. These feed well in my Ruger Mk II, so I picked up another couple of boxes to put in the ammo locker.

JoeR

Love the Kittery Trading Post. In the height of 22lr shortages I walked in when they pulled 2 pallets of CCI out and it was at normal price. Three brick limit. Walked out with 6 between my son and I and that got us through shortage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom