• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chrisflhtc

Jan 28, 2010
    Hagerstown
    I am not sure what year this one is but I found one at a shop nearby they want $400 for it is there anyone here with info on it? it is stainless and has one mag. it looks likes it's in good shape I didn't have my glasses with me (I will be going back with them) is it worthwhile? I really want a .22 mag pistol I already have a single six but want an auto. the PMR 30 would do it but its hard to find.are there any other .22 mag pistols(auto) that I should consider?
    C
    TIA

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Haven't a clue, but I also have a strange fascination for these things and am interested to hear the responses. :D

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    My dad has one and they are kinda hard to find if its in good condition. I would get it. I believe it was the most recent .22Mag pistol before the PMR-30; if not the only other one.

I have shot one and they are nice.

Hog Sniper

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2008
    I have one also..Its a blast to shoot. You get a little fireball out of the barrel. They do like Winchester 40 grain ammo..It seems they are ammo sensitive....The PMR30 is no different with ammo. I sold one last month and in the box they list ammo that is most reliable in the gun. The AMT feels like a gun in your hand. The PMR as much as I like 30 rounds just feels like a BB gun...A neat gun but doesnt feel real..

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Loud with a big ball of fire...I had one many years ago. It was finicky and unless you held it just right it would jam...Sold it in mid 90s for right around $200.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Nice little pistol. Trigger is rough, but manageable. Wife can run circles around me with that darn thing...:sad20:

Attachments

• DSC06446.jpg
      DSC06446.jpg
      85.5 KB · Views: 176

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    I have one. Only dislike is loading it. The mag doesn't have a thumb button like other
    ,22 long rifle pistols. It's hard to compress the spring while forcing the cartridge down in the mag

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Wow! I'm surprised how many of you own one. I haven't even seen one since I worked at a gun shop more than 20 years ago. I never shot one, but always appreciated them. Solid feeling AMT.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Harry Sanford was a good gun designer, but his companies went bankrupt, and rerorganized as often as many people change underware.
    #2 shooting/ hunting partner has one, and it's great. Ammo sensitive , but that's a .22WMR issue generally.

chrisflhtc

Jan 28, 2010
    Hagerstown
    Thanks for the input guys .I have decided to get a Ruger Mk lll instead I think I will enjoy it more. I really am not that fond of the grip style(1911) anyways :innocent0
    C

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the input guys .I have decided to get a Ruger Mk lll instead I think I will enjoy it more. I really am not that fond of the grip style(1911) anyways :innocent0
    C

Come down to the shop we just got in the Talo Edition MKIII Hunter and we also have a MKIII Bull Barrel in stock.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    If in really good condition thats a fair price. They are a little scarce, been looking for a clean one in .30 carbine for a few years now at a reasonable price.

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    Little late here, but figured I'd share. Problem is the ammo costs about the same as 9mm.

Attachments

• AutomagIId.jpg
      AutomagIId.jpg
      51.8 KB · Views: 77

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads