• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Need some help here fellas. Years ago, I bought the 22/45 threaded without accessory rails because I wanted iron sights.

I've added a rail for an optic, but what I cant find is the lower rail for an accessory like a light or laser.

Ruger doesn't sell this part separately, and I cant find an aftermarket rail with a .875" diameter to match the barrel. All I can find are 1" diameter rails.

Can anyone help me track one down? Say from your parts bin or off your pistol if you aren't using it?

You can see the under barrel rail I'm looking for attached. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 10149.jpg
      10149.jpg
      16 KB · Views: 256
    • 10150.jpg
      10150.jpg
      14.3 KB · Views: 258

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Call EGW (Evolution Gun Works) and see if they'll make one for you. They have been very reasonable in the past with their price to make odd Picatinny rails and this one is a piece of cake.

If more than one of you asks them, or if you guys pool your order, you can probably knock off a lot of the setup charges by having them do several at once, which cuts their production costs.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I'm happy to get in line, but based on the lack of other responses we might get a little lonely here.

I think you're right.

Call EGW (Evolution Gun Works) and see if they'll make one for you. They have been very reasonable in the past with their price to make odd Picatinny rails and this one is a piece of cake.

If more than one of you asks them, or if you guys pool your order, you can probably knock off a lot of the setup charges by having them do several at once, which cuts their production costs.

E, thank you very much for the recommendation! I've used their bases before and i know they are good quality, but I didn't think to reach out about a custom base. I will check with EGW tomorrow.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If you REALLY just want a rail, you could get one of the 1" radius ones and bed it with JB Weld.

Wax the barrel really well (or use neutral Kiwi shoe polish). Sand then back of the rail. Mix JB Weld, apply, screw rail on, wipe off excess. let cure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom