• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Firearms - Liability Insurance - Public Wearing and Carrying

Altering the circumstances under which a person is disqualified from possessing a regulated firearm, a rifle, and a shotgun; prohibiting a person from wearing or carrying a firearm under certain circumstances unless the person has obtained certain liability insurance related to wearing and carrying a firearm up to $300,000; providing for the form and issuance of a citation for a violation of the Act; etc.

Link to Bill: https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2024RS/bills/hb/hb0430F.pdf

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    Yep, from the political party of slavery, starting the civil war and Jim Crow. One thing we know for certain, maryland democrats would never use the law to harass illegal aliens, convicted criminals imprisoned for life without parole and Baltimore carjackers wearing ankle bracelets.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Which one of these legislators can point to the "need" for this sort of thing? How does this even enhance public safety which they say is their priority? Other than prevent poor minority residents of Baltimore City from carrying.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Which one of these legislators can point to the "need" for this sort of thing? How does this even enhance public safety which they say is their priority? Other than prevent poor minority residents of Baltimore City from carrying.
    You're assuming they care about public safety........they don't.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    I guess my self defense Insurance through USCCA won’t get it done.
    If you opted for liability coverage it may.

If you already have 300k on your Renters, Condo or Homeowners policy it may as well.

I have found no exclusion on standard insurance forms that exclude negligent consequences of firearms use such as NDs.

I have never handled nor seen such a case, but if not specifically excluded, it’s included.

Criminal acts are excluded for instance.

Vdogg

MDS Supporter
    Jan 7, 2024
    Anne Arundel County

If you already have 300k on your Renters, Condo or Homeowners policy it may as well.

I have found no exclusion on standard insurance forms that exclude negligent consequences of firearms use such as NDs.

I have never handled nor seen such a case, but if not specifically excluded, it’s included.

I’ll have to look into that, thanks !

whiskey3

MDS Supporter
    Jul 27, 2022
    Solomons, MD

“…intentional acts..” may be excluded from home policy. Don‘t know for sure.

I have CCWsafe liability, but not one of my waterfowl hunting buddies do. What about out of state hunters who book hunts on the Eastern Shore? Or my brother from Georgia who comes up every Thanksgiving to go duck hunting with me? What about my neighbor who inherited 2 Parker shotguns from his father—they will never leave his living room again, he has to buy insurance?
    Nuts…

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom