• ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    LD advisory

Attachments

• LD-ICU-23-002 (Advisory) FIREARMS TRAINING CURRICULUM FOR CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION.pdf
      92.8 KB · Views: 256

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    As per

Mark75H statement​

It does say that a projector PowerPoint presentation is required, which is insane, because they have only produced a PDF as far as I can tell.

MSP told us that it is the instructor's responsible to produce the slide show and their responsibility to made sure it mets the requirement.

Also heard that they are proposing more requirments for instructors for the next session for two reasons
    1. the instructors who have handed out certs without training
    2. to help limit the increase in people getting their permits.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    If you're standing 5 feet away from me and I see someone sticking a gun to your head, I think that's pretty good intimate knowledge.
    Ok yes, but I am more concerned with the guy who walks out of Walmart and thinks he sees a guy holding a lady at gunpoint and decides to shoot, finding out afterwards the guy was an off duty policeman stopping a crime.
    TD

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    As per

Mark75H statement​

It does say that a projector PowerPoint presentation is required, which is insane, because they have only produced a PDF as far as I can tell.

MSP told us that it is the instructor's responsible to produce the slide show and their responsibility to made sure it mets the requirement.

Also heard that they are proposing more requirments for instructors for the next session for two reasons
    Great….

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    As per

Mark75H statement​

I thought MSP had already addressed #1

#2 is already addressed by a 90% drop in interest by the general public and will be further enhanced by the reported changes in NRA instructor ongoing qualification (BIT renewal and requirement to actively give NRA classes) I predict a lot of the carpet baggers aren't going to be instructors 18 months from now without help from MGA

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Ok yes, but I am more concerned with the guy who walks out of Walmart and thinks he sees a guy holding a lady at gunpoint and decides to shoot, finding out afterwards the guy was an off duty policeman stopping a crime.
    TD
    If you see it go down, then you know what's happening, right?
    Then you know how to respond, or not.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    Training is good for a year I believe, you should be fine.

TD
    Training certificate is good for two years unless I'm mistaken. I spoke to MSP regarding aging of the training certificate. They confirmed that the only document they are looking for is the training certificate with the score on it. It certifies the hours and the score. I specifically asked about the dating bridging the October 1 date and was told that the prior-dated certificate would still be accepted.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    As per

Mark75H statement​

Great, more tyrant behavior from the MGA and MSPLD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JollyPedro

Aug 15, 2022
    St Mary's County
    TD
    This is a bit far fetched though.....I cat recall an incident in MD, or the rest of the country, where this has been an issue, even with 24 states being constitutional carry.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    TD
    This is a good scenario to be the best witness you can be. Hate to be callous but if I don't know this lady and have not seen the entire situation unfold, I can not justify in my mind to get involved other than doing what is needed to safely, with whomever is with me in mind document what it is I am seeing.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    This is a good scenario to be the best witness you can be. Hate to be callous but if I don't know this lady and have not seen the entire situation unfold, I can not justify in my mind to get involved other than doing what is needed to safely, with whomever is with me in mind document what it is I am seeing.
    No matter how clean or justified, a large portion of the gun community would convict you for using a firearm in defense of yourself or others.

Your odds are worse with non gun owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom