• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Couple of good days jiggin up some nice stripers. The fish are spread around now, went out late yesterday and boxed four (2 of us), a couple in the mid 20's and then went out with another buddy this morning with a friend and his two young sons up from Hawaii.. had a stellar morning, limiting out by 10am.. :party29:

Three over 24" one close to 28... all on light tackle jigs.. :D

mckraut

Apr 14, 2009
    Abingdon, MD
    Fished Loch Raven from a boat yesterday. My bro snagged a nice bass and I managed a micro pike.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      72.4 KB · Views: 380
    • FullSizeRender.jpg
      FullSizeRender.jpg
      78.4 KB · Views: 382

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Fished Loch Raven from a boat yesterday. My bro snagged a nice bass and I managed a micro pike.

Grabbing a fish from the mouth always looks easy, but for some reason whenever I do it, they struggle like hell. I always have to apply the death grip or they just sand down my thumb lol

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I guess thats not the "real" way you are supposed to hold them but I just hold them like that for a photo op then put them back in the water...unless they are messed up and then it doesnt matter.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    We fished the Pax down off base on Friday and crushed croaker and perch until the storm blew in. Then Saturday up by the 231 bridge all the way down to Clarke's Landing we boated three total fish in six hours. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. But speaking of winning me and a few buddies are fishing a white perch tournament out of Tall Timbers this Saturday. Hoping to boat some big ones!

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    My son went out last night with some buddies and caught about 50 croakers in the lower Potomac.
    What's the best way to prepare these?

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      56.5 KB · Views: 313

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    My son went out last night with some buddies and caught about 50 croakers in the lower Potomac.

Fillet them, lightly batter with House Autrey then oven fry for fish tacos. Or fillet, wrap in foil with lemon and pepper and grill. Just about anything you can think of. But with that many I would definitely fillet them. Way faster than cleaning them whole

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Or don't even filet them. Remove head and guts. Scale them. Wrap in foil with your favorite seasonings and some butter. Croaker is one of my favorite eating fish, next to Wahoo, Tuna, and Mahi.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    50 fish! Damn.

We're at the Delaware beach this week. Took the boys out for some ocean fishing. Caught a few flounder, sea bass, and sea robin.

Attachments

• 20160712_102544.jpg
      20160712_102544.jpg
      64.7 KB · Views: 303
    • 20160712_101406.jpg
      20160712_101406.jpg
      33.6 KB · Views: 303

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md

Be careful....they have sharp gill plates.An electric fillet knife makes short work of them.If I get a bunch of them,I make fish cakes with some.....yummy

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Thanks for the tips on the croaker. I ended up getting home a little late from work so I put a blob of butter in each one, hit it with some spices and grilled them in foil packets. Everyone was on board with the taste but a few complained about the bones. Served them with some jasmine rice with coconut milk and cilantro, and a medley of sauteed tomatoes/onions/zucchini. It made for a nice meal.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    Would you guys recommend something like this to start out? I checked out the local Walmart but honestly don't know what's good for the price. Some of my coworkers said to check out Amazon and this one has a lot of good reviews.

I only plan on fishing around Loch Raven or around my area in HarCo.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01D...&psc=1#mobile-twister_size_name_1468886937217

Go to walmart and grab an Ugly stick kit. For like 30 bucks you will be good to go on most fish being caught from the shore around here.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Been pretty good fishing going on still on the upper bay. We've been busy lately, not much free time to post. Had this group two days in a row. They were a group of very good fisherman. They caught a limit and released many for two good days of old guy action. Only have pictures from Sunday, somehow missed getting a shot of Monday, when we actually had a larger grade of fish.:whack::whack:
    image.jpg

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Father and son trip, while they were in town from South Carolina. We did a trolling trip, these two guys caught 37 fish in three hours.
    image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom