• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodOfVice

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Whatever happened to people using beetles to clean the skulls. This was all that was used back in the day. They did a great job too.

http://www.bonesandbugs.com/purchase-dermestid-beetles.html

Interesting, as a kid I would take that giant dead crab Mom refused to cook and wrap it in tin foil, poke holes in a coffee can and bury it for the rest of summer. Once the maggots did their thing very CAREFULLY paint and mount on the wall.

Some turned out pretty well, others disintegrated by touch.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    My big buck for the year

Attachments

• 20161210_172555.jpg
      20161210_172555.jpg
      105.1 KB · Views: 223
    • 20161210_183542.jpg
      20161210_183542.jpg
      76.9 KB · Views: 226

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Congrats!

We're going to have to change your name. Maybe Graybeard.... :innocent0

Nice looking buck!

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Fri and Sat are the final two days of firearm season in BaCo.

Would like to get at least one deer in the freezer.
    I was really hoping there would be enough in Harford to delay the gov til 10 so I could get out this morning. No such luck though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I was really hoping there would be enough in Harford to delay the gov til 10 so I could get out this morning. No such luck though.

There's always taking an "Attitude Adjustment Day". When I worked, they were great. A time to just be off work for the sake of just being off from work. No "Honeydo errands", no traveling to get to a vacations spot. Just me and the world doing whatever I want.

Now it's like that pretty much every day. Retirement is so much fun. :thumbsup:

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    There's always taking an "Attitude Adjustment Day". When I worked, they were great. A time to just be off work for the sake of just being off from work. No "Honeydo errands", no traveling to get to a vacations spot. Just me and the world doing whatever I want.

Now it's like that pretty much every day. Retirement is so much fun.
    Would have loved that. Actually considered it. Unfortunately something got broke yesterday.. I have to fix it. Oh well.

I think the deer are screwing with me at this point. Theres been a group of 8-10 at my feeder in daylight hours all week.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Would have loved that. Actually considered it. Unfortunately something got broke yesterday.. I have to fix it. Oh well.

I think the deer are screwing with me at this point. Theres been a group of 8-10 at my feeder in daylight hours all week.

Fix it and take the rest of the day off. Life's too short to worry about simple things like making a living. :innocent0

There are hundreds of thousands of people that haven't worked a day in their lives and have free housing, some kinda car and at least 1 government bought cell phone. :innocent0

Seriously, have a great day and you'll get that deer tomorrow!

Good luck!

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Whatever happened to people using beetles to clean the skulls. This was all that was used back in the day. They did a great job too.

http://www.bonesandbugs.com/purchase-dermestid-beetles.html

I would love to use them but they're not cheap and you have to keep them alive all year to use once or twice. Not worth the hassle IMO. Some professional places still use beetles but many have moved to maceration. You want a great end product maceration is where it's at but it's a nasty smelly process. Basically a controlled rot in water.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa

We got held over at 3pm and presalted all the routes before rush hour. Then hit the slick spots before bedding down at 11. Up at 3am and check routes again. Of course the 1-3 turned out to be a dusting so that worked in our favor. :D
    My wife texted me this am, 11yr old was pissed that school wasn't 2hrs late. Mom told him we did too good a job clearing roads last nite.;)

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    We got held over at 3pm and presalted all the routes before rush hour. Then hit the slick spots before bedding down at 11. Up at 3am and check routes again. Of course the 1-3 turned out to be a dusting so that worked in our favor. :D
    My wife texted me this am, 11yr old was pissed that school wasn't 2hrs late. Mom told him we did too good a job clearing roads last nite.;)
    What route you run?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

You are one mean Dad. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom