• ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    That's amazing! Where do you live again? I forgot.:innocent0

Oh, wait! I just remembered.;)

son of a ...

Actually was sent for a tour/training of the Carver Yachts Plant in Wisconsin, met some good ol' boys and they say this is normal up there. Have a few with a year old deer standing next to a guy while he is shooting arrows at his deer decoy/target. Nice area but their winters are too long for me!

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    son of a ...

Actually was sent for a tour/training of the Carver Yachts Plant in Wisconsin, met some good ol' boys and they say this is normal up there. Have a few with a year old deer standing next to a guy while he is shooting arrows at his deer decoy/target. Nice area but their winters are too long for me!

I know the feeling. I practice at a local park/archery range and have had to wait while feeding deer grazed on out of my flight path. It's great practice shooting your bow while deer are standing about.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Haven't thought about putting out the camera yet. I guess I'll have to get off my butt and walk out into the back yard and put one out.

I will tell you they are walking right through the center of my backyard at this time. I'm sure they will take to the woods before too long.

plumberone

Aug 26, 2013
    Millers, Maryland
    A couple nice ones! In Millers, Carroll County, MD.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      92.5 KB · Views: 363
    Last edited:

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Again not to derail the trail cam thread but I was sent another pic taken 1 minute from my shop on July 30. My Mom and Niece said they were going to help someone help a deer that was disoriented, I told them the deer could beat them up pretty bad, they said ok and left.
    5 minutes later I got a text of this. Rescue center got it to take milk and an IV but it passed that night?? car probably got this one. Very friendly deer they said.
    Sorry I'll get a trail cam as soon as I figure which one to get, I just thought this might be worthy of posting.

Attachments

• Fawn injured (1) 2.jpg
      Fawn injured (1) 2.jpg
      46.6 KB · Views: 310

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    hippy;) Cuz if you were a hunter you would be showing us pictures of them hanging in your garage:D:lol2:just messing with ya...

Several people have called me a hippy this year?? not really a hunter but do go hunt in NC for deer in an area where there are bear and coyote so we take various firearms. Many stories about the darn coyotes bothering hunters, but I haven't seen them myself ... yet :)

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Again not to derail the trail cam thread but I was sent another pic taken 1 minute from my shop on July 30. My Mom and Niece said they were going to help someone help a deer that was disoriented, I told them the deer could beat them up pretty bad, they said ok and left.
    5 minutes later I got a text of this. Rescue center got it to take milk and an IV but it passed that night?? car probably got this one. Very friendly deer they said.
    Sorry I'll get a trail cam as soon as I figure which one to get, I just thought this might be worthy of posting.

Next time, instead of taking the fawn to the vet. Bring it to my place, we will grill it up.

:yummy:

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    Several people have called me a hippy this year?? not really a hunter but do go hunt in NC for deer in an area where there are bear and coyote so we take various firearms. Many stories about the darn coyotes bothering hunters, but I haven't seen them myself ... yet :)

only time I've been scared hunting was walking through the woods pre dawn where we saw fresh bear scat all over the place the day before. ohh, and all I had was my rem 700. quickest I've ever gotten into my stand, that's for sure.

DanJo

Mar 4, 2010
    Western Howard County
    Not on my trail camera, but I caught these two guys with my phone camera on the edge of my woods. I see bucks a lot in the daylight until hunting season, then I only see them on the trailcam around midnight. They don't get big by being stupid.

Attachments

• IMG_0573.JPG
      IMG_0573.JPG
      71.2 KB · Views: 250

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    only time I've been scared hunting was walking through the woods pre dawn where we saw fresh bear scat all over the place the day before. ohh, and all I had was my rem 700. quickest I've ever gotten into my stand, that's for sure.

Isn't adrenaline great!

One story (from where I hunt in NC) is a fellow was in his stand surrounded by coyotes just patrolling, must have been on his sent, he was so scared some of my family members had to drive to the stand to coax him down lol.

I think a predator got the fawn that watches me shoot last night (torn apart with reports of coyotes trapped very close to here) so my 300 might get some night action :) Full moon is on the 29th. I'll probably let my niece in the previous pic take it out, good story for "What did you do over summer break?"!

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Not on my trail camera, but I caught these two guys with my phone camera on the edge of my woods. I see bucks a lot in the daylight until hunting season, then I only see them on the trailcam around midnight. They don't get big by being stupid.

Beautiful, you would think with all that grass he'd be fat too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom