• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    At first I thought this was a turkey sighting.

Trail%20Cam%20003_zpswxm79yua.jpg

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    The more I look at the pics the less I think it's a bob cat. I have no idea what it is...I would have thought I would catch some of the pattern that a typical bobcat has?

Maybe just a big azz house cat with a funky angle viewing the tail?

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    How about background deadfall.......? Cameras can play funny tricks on the eyes..especially when one really wants to see something.....how many times were you positive you saw a Deer across a field, only to find out it was just a bush that "looked" like a Deer....?

Just sayin..

R

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    If the trees in the picture are California Redwoods, then I believe it's a Sabertooth Tiger.

Jim Smith

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Cool. When I would hunt in Maine, we'd see these huge animals. Amazingly fast.

Jim Smith

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Looks like the hind end of a bobcat to me. Note the dark tip of the tail, which can also be seen in the bobcat pic someone else posted. Bobcats of this region ( VA, WV, MD, PA, NY) are not all that spotted. I've seen pics of some taken in PA that had almost no spotting on the general body at all, just the belly/inner legs and some faint top spots. Here's a pic of an average colored PA bobcat. It has some spotting, but not like western and SW cats. I have a couple of TX cats that look like jungle cats.

Attachments

• larrybobcat.jpg
      larrybobcat.jpg
      71.2 KB · Views: 426

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Here are a few photos from the last month. These are not all of my shots, because the memory card is still in my camera. These are just the ones I had already downloaded.

Not bad for what I'm finding in my backyard. Just looking at the pictures, makes me want to crawl out for one more evening hunt.

Jim Smith

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Looks like the hind end of a bobcat to me. Note the dark tip of the tail, which can also be seen in the bobcat pic someone else posted. Bobcats of this region ( VA, WV, MD, PA, NY) are not all that spotted. I've seen pics of some taken in PA that had almost no spotting on the general body at all, just the belly/inner legs and some faint top spots. Here's a pic of an average colored PA bobcat. It has some spotting, but not like western and SW cats. I have a couple of TX cats that look like jungle cats.

Thank you for responding, when I posted this I was hoping you would respond and confirm what I thought. I hope you stick around for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom