• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Interesting. They ban everything semi-auto and then put a list at the end of what you can have.

widowman

Jul 19, 2010
    What is interesting is that the excluded list is comprised largely of guns that wouldn't fall under the ban anyway.

‘‘(3) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to any firearm
    that—

‘‘(A) is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever,
    or slide action;"

yet, the pages and pages of "excluded" firearms are mainly comprised of bolt, pump, lever and break open designs. Since the majority of the firearms listed on the pages of "excluded" firearms did not meet the requirements for the ban, then why are they be listed as "excluded"?

In fact, only a few dozen semi automatics are excluded, several of which are no longer in production.

Also, it seems rather convenient that they lump All AK "types", all AR "types", ect. to create a list that appears small yet, they seem to list every single model ever made of excluded firearms when they are basically the same firearm, (there nearly a dozen Marlin 1894 models listed) to create pages and pages. To someone that doesn't know better it appears that the list only bans a few guns while it excludes many.:mad54:

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I understand past case law, and all of us here know this already, but I still laugh at the absurdity of the first line:

"To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes."

vs the Second Amendment:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Definition of infringe: Act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    And I know they do it, but I don't understand how it's legal to ban specific products of manufacturers. How is one equally protected by the law if a business is targeted by name?

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'm rather surprised the Mini 14/30 (other than the folding stock/tactical model) didn't get banned or SKS models with box mags.

I thought for sure they would go ahead and ban those, yet they do list the Hi Point carbines. WTF???

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    The amount of legal trickery and deceit in this bill is amazing, protection of 2200 firearms, most of which would never be banned. Only banning 150 by name (but thousands more by legal means). This is more evil that I would have initially given her credit for... she must have spent an inordinate amount of time (like ten years) LOL, coming up with this crazy bat shit stuff.

Assault Weapon Defined:

All of the following FIREARMS, copies, duplicates, variants, or altered facsimiles with the capability of any such weapon thereof: Pistols, Rifles, Shotguns

(L) Any combination of parts from which a firearm described in subparagraphs (A) through (K) can be assembled.

(M) The frame or receiver of a rifle or shot-gun described in subparagraph (A), (B), (C), (F),(G), (H), (J), or (K).

Holy Shit, how would you ever get a replacement part without violating this ban?!? WTF!!! Any combination would include a buttstock lying around! Parts kits would be banned forever, and no new receivers!!! Holy F-uck!

DIFI is one evil treasonous senator, and should be brought up on charges of sedition for attempting to bypass the constitution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom