• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    Wondering if anyone can tell me how to reset the TPMS sensor on my car. The manual is a cd that only goes over the features. I got in my car yesterday morning and my rt rear tire was low. I filled it to the same pressure as the rest and it still tells me it's low. I thought maybe it had to sit for a while to reset but that doesn't seem the case and I'm not seeing an option to reset it manually. Just wondering if anyone else has messed with the same.

Thanks

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    I own a shop in the Kingsville area, you can either have a shop wake up the sensor with a tool or you can just drive it for a few miles above 15mph and it will go through the wake up process

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    That's Mopar for you. Pieces of crap are easy to work on and very rarely require specialized tools and procedures.

Junk! Junk I tell you!

Coretac

Do NOT care what u think
    May 30, 2013
    I'm an auto tech. BLACK ELECTRICAL TAPE over the light will take care of it ! I have an ASE in this area !

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Fork auto is a good guy. I'd trust him with my car. :D

I just went through this nonsense with my TPMS. Every couple years I forget that they need to be "woken up."

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    At least his TPMS can be disabled... My "light" isn't really a light, but an annoying full-system-takeover like my car, that chimes every 30 seconds and blinks five times in rapid succession once every minute:

Attachments

• tpms.jpg
      tpms.jpg
      53.3 KB · Views: 182

ebxgsxr

Apr 3, 2011
    near BWI
    i used to work in a shop & i hate TPMS with a passion. damn nuts always get corroded & stuck onto the valve. then you end up having to replace the whole damn sensor.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    i used to work in a shop & i hate TPMS with a passion. damn nuts always get corroded & stuck onto the valve. then you end up having to replace the whole damn sensor.

I LOVE TPMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10 minutes and a $150 sensor plus a wee bit o'labor.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    TPMS, what a scam.

My 2009 Ford truck has a TPMS that has been on for a year, thus ensuring that I WON'T know of a tire is low.

Since they all malfunction eventually, and are stupid expensive to troubleshoot and fix, they inevitably become useless annoying lights on the dash.

I replaced the tire sensors, had the module reset, still that friggin light screams at me out of the corner of the dash...

Free new Taurus .38 revolver for anyone who can fix it without having to waste days at a dealership. ;)

Sorry back on topic. We had Dodge Chargers at the PD and the TPMS on 3/4 of them just stayed on. It got to be too expensive and too many cars were down for too long for a unnecessary repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom