20 GA autoloader w/ 18" bbl... is there one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    I did some searching and I can't seem to find a 20 GA autoloader with an 18" or 18.5" bbl. Is there one out the box or is my best bet to have one chopped? If chopped I don't believe it will have cycling issues as it would be solely used for HD with high brass. Something like the 11-87 police except in 20GA would be perfect if they made one. Looking for the wife unit.

Old Salty Dog

Ultimate Member
    Nov 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Have you thought about a pump shotgun? Mossberg makes some sweet 500 Youth models that are sized very well for the ladies. In 20 ga. the recoil isn't bad, even with a locked breech and no auto mechanism to absorb the force.

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Have you thought about a pump shotgun? Mossberg makes some sweet 500 Youth models that are sized very well for the ladies. In 20 ga. the recoil isn't bad, even with a locked breech and no auto mechanism to absorb the force.

Yep already went through the pumps. We're set on an S/A for her, even if I have to chop it.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Have you thought about low recoil loads in a 12ga? I shot some Remington Law Enforcement Reduced Recoil loads I got at Gun Connection a while back and it was excellent!

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    S20 was an initial thought, as I have an S12. I still want to go with tube fed for her.

I currently have an 870 Marine Magnum as my bedside firearm, an 11-87 to bust clays, and an S12 for zombies/shtf. I've sent a lot of lead downrange through my shotties but I honestly don't recall shooting any low recoil high brass loads. Would 12GA low recoil high brass have more or less the recoil of 12GA birdshot? Would the SA cycle it reliably?

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    No clue how well reduced recoil 00 cycles in a semi; obviously it would depend on the gun. Either way, it's definitely more oomph than bird shot. It's basically the same payload, just traveling about 10% slower.

You should see how Federal Tactical LE Reduced Recoil 00 or whatever the hell the name is patterns. It's like a damn fist at 10 yards. Helluva thing.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    My particular 11-87P runs the reduced recoil buck shot very well. I also put a 21" barrel on it that's tapped for Remchokes and it has rifle sights. I'm getting a longer tube put on it, as it is currently 6+1 and I want it 8+1, and with the extra barrel length, more of the tube is protected.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom