• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Found a '52 never issued Russian SKS for sale. Numbers matching. Guy said he bought it 20 years ago and it was still in wax and cosmoline. Cleaned it and put 10rds through it and put it in the closet. I'll post the pictures shortly but it appears to be laminated and in BEAUTIFUL condition. Fixed mag, bayonet, CHROME lined barrel. He is asking $500. IF it's as it appears and as he says I think it's worth it. Called Scott's and Chad was asked. Chad said it's probably closer to $600 but he was not the one on the phone nor did he see the pics...so Chad I'm the guy that called and the pics are coming.

My intent is to continue to do research and go look at it on Tuesday if he still has it.

Pics will be posted in a few minutes, just have to upload from my phone.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    0326121710.jpg

0326121708a.jpg

0326121708.jpg

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Based on this: http://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=17575 I can reasonably assume that it is a refurbished SKS, but still considered collectible (condition, matching numbers). Why refurb? The '52 was made in the Tula factory (not relevant to refurb or original, just interesting) and did NOT come in a laminate finish. This one appears to be laminated. The bayonet seems to have been blued or parkerized, the original was polished steel. Given that it is STILL considered collectible, and the numbers supposedly all match, I wonder if 400-450 is a fair offer, instead of his asking price of $500.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I would offer $400 and settle at $450. I wouldn't call it a collector but it should be a fine shooter and you won't have to feel bad if you decide to pimp or bullpup it.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Well worth $500 but I would get bore pics. If he fired old chinese surplus which was available years ago then it was corrosive which means the bore could be roached if not cleaned properly. Corrosive ammo will still eat chrome lined guns.

If the bore is good I would pay $600 for it. Its a beautiful.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Thanks for the input everyone. I'll offer 425 and see where it goes (if the barrel is good). If the barrel is toast i won't buy it....I had a Mosin with a roasted barrel.

Chad you think it's actually worth 600 assuming it's in perfect condition despite likely being a refurb?

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Well worth $500 but I would get bore pics. If he fired old chinese surplus which was available years ago then it was corrosive which means the bore could be roached if not cleaned properly. Corrosive ammo will still eat chrome lined guns.

If the bore is good I would pay $600 for it. Its a beautiful.

This^^^

And before you commit, have the seller send a clear close up pic of the left side of the stock showing the cartouche and serial number located in the middle of the butt portion. If it's NOT X'ed out and restamped, it should be good to go. If it IS X'ed out and restamped, the gun has been rebuilt and worth less.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Thanks for the input everyone. I'll offer 425 and see where it goes (if the barrel is good). If the barrel is toast i won't buy it....I had a Mosin with a roasted barrel.

Chad you think it's actually worth 600 assuming it's in perfect condition despite likely being a refurb?

Im not a true collector but I like the black Bayos, they arent common. I also like the black bolts too. Its a pretty gun but the bore conditiona dn gas system condition is critical to its value.

If pristine I would pay $600 if I had it. Minty SKS's are hard to find anymore, most are tapco hacked or missing the bayo.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    If it was in original shape, original finish and hardwood maybe $600.

Laminate, refinished etc I would be more in the realm of $300 to $350 but I am really cheap. Reality is probably somewhere inbetween.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    If people want to pay it fine. I agree with you though, no SKS is worth 500 in my opinion.

No way lol yugo's for 70 bucks and rus. Chinese for 100 a pc. I am just glad my dad bought them when they were that price. For that id get a Saiga for 469 with the front end done already. If its a collector thing like the other guy that collects sks's on here cool if you are shooting it get a yugo or Chinese way cheaper

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom