• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I used to own quite a few Finnish capture 91/30's of all varieties, but I have sold them all and started collecting original matching examples exclusively. I've been actively searching for them for about two and a half years and have only managed to secure three examples.

This one is a 1939 Tula that looks to be factory original except for the handguard, which should have brass end caps. This one looks to be a Finnish-made replacement but I'm not positive. All serial numbered parts are original matching and all of the parts are Tula marked. The 1939 Tula cartouche on the stock is much easier to see in person. I included a picture of all three rifles; 1939 and 1940 Tula's and a 1940 Izhevsk.
    m63W2zJ.jpg

ZWY02Xe.jpg

ApYsLag.jpg

oWBLxDO.jpg

KjH8pNF.jpg

TudVHSA.jpg

W6vH8Tx.jpg

Rsq63D4.jpg

RhQWCGq.jpg

gJIvuJL.jpg

JCPljb0.jpg

7kv3wFL.jpg

qL6YM2E.jpg

hLg5Iy7.jpg

IBFCqxH.jpg

KqUXvaB.jpg

cM0RDbU.jpg

ng8upuf.jpg

pj7SMOI.jpg

0rpUAnk.jpg

88nlgKA.jpg

ryKmMqI.jpg

5FFbeco.jpg

u8SgJ1u.jpg

QcB6859.jpg

bPT0WQO.jpg

7kxBzjC.jpg

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Good grief man, those are rough. Have you considered having them ceracoated, and put into an Archangel stock? You know, freshen them up and betterize them?

(J/K), they look really cool.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Good grief man, those are rough. Have you considered having them ceracoated, and put into an Archangel stock? You know, freshen them up and betterize them

(J/K), they look really cool.

You forgot the custom bent bolt handle conversion and drilled receiver for a red dot scope.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Those are real nice! i think it's amazing that the Finns would actually have any remaining Soviet rifles unaltered based on how much they may have been used.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Those are real nice! i think it's amazing that the Finns would actually have any remaining Soviet rifles unaltered based on how much they may have been used.
    That's what I love about them. They have been through so much but are basically as original as the day they were made. Just a little weathered.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Love em! Finns seem to have caught my eye lately. Hard to find them all matching like the.

A guy over on gunboards just posted one that's a 1941 Izhevsk. It looks like it was captured and put away in storage. It still has original shellac on the stock.

Last edited:

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    ya got to make em tacticool!

Attachments

• mosin omg.jpg
      mosin omg.jpg
      13.6 KB · Views: 170

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Been on the campaign trail these last few months and totally missed this thread/rifle!
    Great acquisition, Dave!! The all original matching examples are SO hard to find. This example would fit nicely into ANY true mil-surp collection-regardless of focus :thumbsup:

Dang-I wish I knew you were dumping Finn captures!! I'm missing a few year/arsenal combos. Let me know if you plan to dump any of the others ;)

Congrats again on the rifle!

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Been on the campaign trail these last few months and totally missed this thread/rifle!
    Great acquisition, Dave!! The all original matching examples are SO hard to find. This example would fit nicely into ANY true mil-surp collection-regardless of focus :thumbsup:

Dang-I wish I knew you were dumping Finn captures!! I'm missing a few year/arsenal combos. Let me know if you plan to dump any of the others ;)

Congrats again on the rifle!

Thanks!
    I sold the last of them off several months ago, so I think you saw them. They were all wartime or close to wartime dates so I don't think you missed anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom