• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 12a10

Apr 6, 2009
    AA County Crownsville
    we'll have to have an MDS raffle :)

that thing is unbelievable.

value is hard to guess because I'll bet there aren't many like it out there.
    more than $7500 for sure...
    several have sold lately on GB and other dealers in the $5-6k range that were "troubled".

this is a time capsule!

Thanks forinfo. What do you mean by "troubled"? I am trying to learn all I can about this gun. BTW, I looked at the two big dollar auctions on Gunbroker. Condition looked too good to be true--are these re-parks or touched up as they show no wear marks at all. ????

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I think a PM to Lou45 with pictures, accompanied by a chorus of dancing bananas, would be highly appropriate.

Being that he's a 1911 fan and all.

Next installment---This gun is typical of an original, unmolested US&S gun:
    Two-tone du-lite finish, hardened slide nose, keyes fiber grips, Scovill magazine (all three are Scovill), unique serrated trigger,hammer, takedown latch,safety.
    Marked with RCD inspectors stamp, p proof,and correct serial number in mid production range. Would have to remove original wax preservative to check inside and will not diminish value by doing that.

Would anyone like to comment on this or offer additional info? What is the value of a "mummified " WWII pistol and spares ?

Gunbroker has a couple in very nice condition up for no-reserve auction: One is at $7550 the other at about $6k--2 days to go.

I gotta' few greasy time capsules like that (1911-A1's and other USGI guns). The best I can recommend is when going into it to check other parts correctness is to be minimally invasive as possible and keep as much of the original preservatives there as possible. Yeah, I got some wood to rub:bannana::bannana::bannana: so gotta' go now.:D

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Thanks so much for sharing! Not something you see every day. I'm anything but a 1911 expert, just love shooting them. But even I know an outstanding example when I see it.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    It wouldn't surprise me if the value was >$10,000. Considering its condition and provenance, it's worth checking with one of the major firearms auction houses (e.g., James Julia Auctions) for a valuation.

Either way, congratulations!

12a10

Apr 6, 2009
    AA County Crownsville
    That's nice, is that a spare barrel that came with it?
    Spare barrel came with gun as add-on option. Dark black oxidefinish but no markings that I can see...original US&S barrels were stamped with HS for high standard and had a "p" proof. Cannot check installed barrel without screwing up preservative .

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    That is amazing. I was just speaking to a friend about these exact pistols.

You truly have a holy grail of a 1911 there. Thank you for sharing. As far as value, there most likely aren't many to compare your to. Out of 55,000 made, how many do you think are in original boxes with original parts in the preservative?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    You are very lucky. Had I been your friend I probably would have cleaned it up and shot the hell out of it long before I sold it to you.
    :D

You have one very nice piece of history there.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    You guys are honestly way off line with your prices.

His buddy bought it for less than 30 bucks. OP I'll give you fiddy bucks and a sammich.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You know, after thinking about this firearm for awhile. I think that looks to be the most original US&S I've ever seen. Have you had everything verified and appraised?

What a treat just to see the pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom