• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeJack

Supporter of Freedom
    Sep 13, 2009
    Dixie
    I can feel the slide stop riding - making constant contact with some pressure, along the slide. It has a noticeable 'bump' when it interacts with the slide stop notch.
    This is noticeable when manually racking the slide. It is functioning properly and locking open after the last round is fired.
    Is this normal? Do I need to reduce the dimension of the slide stop so it only makes contact when engaged to perform it's intended purpose?

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    sounds like the inside of the retaining tab on the hold open stud needs to be relieved , or not enough clearance between the hold open lug which engages the notch on the outside of the slide and the slide rail.

First make sure your right finger is not pushing on the slide stop pin (right side of frame)

DeadeyeJack

Supporter of Freedom
    Sep 13, 2009
    Dixie
    I took it to a local gunsmith. He said it is functioning properly, the contact with the bottom of the slide is normal, to stop "dicking" around with it and just shoot it.

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    I took it to a local gunsmith. He said it is functioning properly, the contact with the bottom of the slide is normal, to stop "dicking" around with it and just shoot it.

I seem to remember it should be 0.020" from the lefthand slide rail. To get that you lightly dress the pad on the underside of the slidestop that contacts the window in the frame.

DeadeyeJack

Supporter of Freedom
    Sep 13, 2009
    Dixie
    I'll just ask. Multiple answers are OK.

Is there a recommended book for 1911 builds which would contain specs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom