• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I think Chad needs to take another look at this, he's probably the one bidding the thing up because he knows the bore has been plugged- filled with 24K gold. Don't worry Chad, I won't let your secret out:D

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Slide stop hole on the right side of the frame looks elongated also. Could just be the light. Bad vibes on this one. I'd let it go. You can buy a good used Colt 1991-A1 Commander for that price.

Luke 12:49

A Good Ole Boy
    Feb 18, 2009
    Culvert County
    For that price there has to be something wrong with it. Those dings most def look like they go from inside to outside...maybe the price also has to do with it being .38 cal, but I'm not a 1911 expert.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    For that price there has to be something wrong with it. Those dings most def look like they go from inside to outside...maybe the price also has to do with it being .38 cal, but I'm not a 1911 expert.

Doesn't make a damned bit of difference what caliber it is unless the bore is filled with 24ct gold. The thing is a paperweight:tdown:no matter how you look at it.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Most commander 1911's dont run for crap anyway, this one is ALL on you if you buy it. No reputable smith will work on that gun, and I guarantee the only thing worth anything on that gun is the internals. The Slide, Frame and barrel are likely trashed.

That damage is NOT from someone peening or squeezing the rails, anyone who pawn this off is lying. When you tighten a 1911 you do the slide first, not the frame, and slide to frame fit is WAY overrated, it has VERY little to do with accuracy.

Im also seeing damage slightly obscured by the Slide Stop, theres damage on both sides of that frame. Looks like someone tried to use a round punch to bang in the damage on the thats side. That gun is screwed up. Run Away!

Final Price $805 for a detonated gun. God I hope no one decides to shoot that.

:facepalm:

Maybe they didn't look at the pictures for some reason...

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Wow, I cant believe people are this stupid to bid that high on an obvious piece of crap.

Something tells me this weapon, nix that, JUNK will be on the market again soon.

Well guys, like they say, "There's an a$$ for every seat" and this seat has found it's fond, pround, happy new a$$.:D Does anybody know who the winning bidder is because I have a bridge in New York that I'm looking to sell :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom