• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The topic came up today , while building pistols.

In Maryland can an otherwise Not Prohibited person aged 18- 20 yo build an otherwise not prohibited Pistol ? No buy , sell , offer to sell , or transfer in any way , but build themselves ?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Just to be persnickity once I get started :

18yo daughter builds a pistol from a flat ( aka a paerweight to purchase ). She does all the physical work , while within my presence. But anytime she isn't shooting under supervision , is locked in her dad's safe (aka my safe) to which she doesn't have access. Then upon 21 Bday she has a self built pistol without involving any stinkin' transfer, cause she actually built it in the first place for personal use.

Am I missing anything ?

Bradw410

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 11, 2012
    Easton

18yo daughter builds a pistol from a flat ( aka a paerweight to purchase ). She does all the physical work , while within my presence. But anytime she isn't shooting under supervision , is locked in her dad's safe (aka my safe) to which she doesn't have access. Then upon 21 Bday she has a self built pistol without involving any stinkin' transfer, cause she actually built it in the first place for personal use.

Am I missing anything ?

I don't see a problem,and who would ever know?

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member

Am I missing anything ?

No! Amen, stick it to the man!:party29:

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD

Am I missing anything ?

Although I like the thought process, I would not want to put my daughter in the position of having to defend it. Especially if Maryland doesn't have a statute of limitations.

I have the parts for all of my kids, but we aren't building until they get to 21.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    What's wrong with a daughter helping her dad build a pistol that, one day, she may inherit?:shrug:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Then you would get into questions about whom is building for their personal use, transfers, Roster, etc .

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    If she's under 21 she cannot legally own a regulated firearm in MD. I purchased a handgun that I "call" my son's because he picked it out, and upon my death I plan to leave to him in my will. However, the state of MD understands that it's my firearm because that's what all the papework says. It's locked in my safe, and only I have access to the combination. We go the range together.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The topic came up today , while building pistols.

In Maryland can an otherwise Not Prohibited person aged 18- 20 yo build an otherwise not prohibited Pistol ? No buy , sell , offer to sell , or transfer in any way , but build themselves ?

By asking this question in an open forum, you probably should just admit you can't and won't do it. Understanding that anything done in the home without prying eyes is better left not being discussed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom