• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    Hi all. I got an amazing deal today on two rifles. Went to the new dicks sporting goods in Dover and purchased a savage 93r with fluted barrel and scope and a new Bmag. The hmr was $269.99 and the bmag full retail at $350. I had a $10 off grand opening coupon to use and after waiting for a half hour for the manager to walk me and my new toys up to the register he gave me his manager discount for having to wait (unprompted by me as I expected them to be busy) so I ended up paying just under $517 tax free out the door on both rifles and saving $103 worth of money I planned to spend. The 3x9 on the hmr has poor clarity and is made in China so it's getting donated to my god sons bbgun. I'm pretty sure I will go with a BSA sweet 17 scope for the hmr but I'm really looking for input on a good scope for the bmag 17wsm. I know the ballistic characteristics are way different with the wsm and want to put decent glass on it to get the job done at longer ranges but also not break the bank. They claim the wsm will do at 200 yards, what the hmr will do at 50 yards. Thanks in advance for your input and after I get something mounted on the Bmag, I will be sure to post my amature review and impressions on the bmag as I know it's a fairly hot topic in the rimfire world since it's release this year.

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    I picked up a B.Mag and I ordered a Nikon ProStaff 4-12x40mm. I'll report back as soon as I put a few rounds through it.

I'll max out at Hap Baker's 200 yard line.

dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    A very nice all around scope is the Mueller 4.5 X14 40mm AO. Around 120 to 130. http://www.amazon.com/Mueller-Rifle-Scope-Black-4-5-14/dp/B000SULCTA

I use it on .22 rimfire and have used it on my 5.56 as well. Holds zero perfectly, and the settings are repeatable zero for things like silhouette use.

I think this is my fourth year for this scope, and I would buy another in a heartbeat.

It's in my amazon cart.. Lol hopefully it's as great as the reviews. I haven't heard much bad about it.

dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    I picked up a B.Mag and I ordered a Nikon ProStaff 4-12x40mm. I'll report back as soon as I put a few rounds through it.

I'll max out at Hap Baker's 200 yard line.

I have the pro staff 4-12x40 on my 308 I just sold. Was thinking about putting it on the bmag but my cousin that purchased the 308 wants it also so I'm probly going with the mueller apv and keeping a little change in my pocket. You will love the Nikon though.

dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    It's a done deal! I finalized my order last night. Purchased the sweet 17 from amazon prime and it will go on the hmr. Then I purchased the mueller apv for the Bmag. Hopefully I can escape the house next week long enough to get them sighted in and run a box of 50 through each.

dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    I saw one last night at the White Marsh Dick's. I don't care much for the barrel. Heavier barrels are more my thing.

I wasn't impressed with the overall fit and feel of the bmag. It feels like a CHEAP bbgun and the pencil barrel looks like crap. But after 5 minutes of research on what the new 17 winchester super magnum is capable of.. I bought one anyway ;)

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    I wasn't impressed with the overall fit and feel of the bmag. It feels like a CHEAP bbgun and the pencil barrel looks like crap. But after 5 minutes of research on what the new 17 winchester super magnum is capable of.. I bought one anyway ;)

That echos my initial reaction. For $297, I could not say no.

After shooting 1911s and 92FSs, that's how striker-fired pistols seemed to me at first. I'm guessing the B.Mag is going to shoot very well.

Glass should get here on Friday, so I may try to hit Hap Baker on Sat or Sun.

dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    Would anyone happen to know what size rings are best to use on a savage 93r with a bull barrel for a BSA sweet 17 3-12x40?

dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    Ups man brought me some glass today. BSA sweet 17 12x on the savage 17hmr and mueller apv 14x on the savage bmag 17WSM. Can't wait to get to the range for some play time!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      95.8 KB · Views: 2,989

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!

I'm sold on the round. I just wish Savage used a heavier barrel on the B Mag. It will be interesting to see if someone can develop a safe and reliable 17 WSM semi-automatic.

ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD
    Didnt know is was hard to find. My local wm had 8 boxes yesterday and so did cabelas. I want the savage b-mag but need to finish my lowers first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom