• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mar 19, 2011
    Hey guys. Looking for some 10mm ammo. Underwood specifically. Can't seem to find any online or offline for that matter. Would appreciate any leads. Thanks!

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Never heard of underwood ammo, PSA had some 10mm a while back.

Mine has been collecting dust (everything I have has been collecting dust, been sooooooooo long since i have been shooting).

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Have you been to the web site? They don't sell it anywhere else to the best of my knowledge.

I on 9 10mm pistols and Underwood is all I shoot except for range ammo for my Colt Deltas. Georgia Arms for that.

www.underwoodammo.com

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Never heard of underwood ammo,

Kevin is a "small" ammo manufacturer in WV. I found him on GB several years ago. I bought some of his .357 Sig for a good price at that time. He also worked up a subsonic 9mm load for me that was 124gr. I've never had a problem with any of his ammo.

Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    PBR Ammo had some and 5% off which is close to Underwood power level. Only problem is I posted it in "The Depot" section and it was gone next day.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    I picked up 5 boxes too. If I see anything else I will put it up. SG Ammo has PPU 180's.

They had 30 boxes last Wednesday. I had them in my cart and hit "complete order" and I got the "could not be processed" message. Someone had bought 29 of them. They had one left.

Now there are none :(

On a happy note, I love the 10mm round. I'm surprised it took me as long as it did to finally buy a 10mm pistol. I'm glad it's under-appreciated, more ammo for me (and you) :D

Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    WalMart doesn't carry it but no problem finding it in the local shops! Can't say the same for 9mm and the likes!

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    They had 30 boxes last Wednesday. I had them in my cart and hit "complete order" and I got the "could not be processed" message. Someone had bought 29 of them. They had one left.

Now there are none :(

On a happy note, I love the 10mm round. I'm surprised it took me as long as it did to finally buy a 10mm pistol. I'm glad it's under-appreciated, more ammo for me (and you) :D

I bought two boxes of the PPU. I hear PPU 10mm is underpowered, but nonetheless fine for punching paper.

Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    The best bang for the buck currently is PBR. Underwood was for a while but HPR had the spot until they also raised their prices (to a level that puts them out of the running). Armscor was a good deal until their somewhat junky brass gave up the ghost when BVAC started loading it to real 10mm power.

PBR is using #9 which is hard to make a mistake on charge. Kevin is using 800-X which is Cornflakes but he does well with them.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Georgia Arms makes good ammo, and the brass is great for reloading. I have a recipe here on the site that uses Power Pistol behind 220gr hard cast lead and got some great numbers for it. Same with 180gr JHPs.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    10mmrulemotivateuf6.jpg

Torin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2012
    Hey guys. Looking for some 10mm ammo. Underwood specifically. Can't seem to find any online or offline for that matter. Would appreciate any leads. Thanks!
    Darn that run on the guns & ammo! Every time I check the site, the only stuff in stock are the 135gr stuff. At the velocities the rounds are being pushed, I think I'm sticking with 180gr and higher. All the the smaller rounds keep disintegrating in ballistic medium. I sure wish I had picked up more. When this crap is over, I'm gonna make sure I get a few hundred rounds!

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Anyone have any experience with Double-Tap?

http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_25

I've tried 3 different loads from them (135gr., 150gr., and 200gr.) and everything has been on the 'hot' side. It is a little on the pricey side as well, though...

Their advertised speeds are a little optimistic from what I've heard. I did purchase a box of their "230" grain lead bullets. They're not 230gr. I got 1100+ fps out of my 610 using Power Pistol powder.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    overpriced and advertised velocities are dubious according to some.

I use Underwood ammo in my 10mm's (Glocks and Smith 10xx series, and Colt DE's_)

Georgia Arms for my Colt DE's for range ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom