• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LordSigdious

Jan 10, 2009
    Been thinking about a glock chambered in one of these calibers!
    Was wondering what the pros and cons of each would be!
    It seems ammo availability for either round is a CON for either choice with the .357 sig being slightly more available than the 10mm from what I can see!
    Already have 9mm and .45 acp and the barely there .380acp!
    thanks,
    Brad

BerBer5985

Apr 3, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I've heard good things about 10mm. That or 45 acp will be my next glock, but if you have a 45 already, go 10mm. Everyone raves about 10mm

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    The biggest difference between the Glocks in 10mm and the Glocks in .357SIG is that the 10 comes in the Glock big frame (like the .45). The 357SIG comes in the standard sized Glock frame. Both are nice, but I like 10mm more.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    If you're a reloader, the 10mm is easier to reload with its straight walled case versus the bottle-neck of the .357 Sig. I have enough brass that requires lube, I don't need to add a handgun caliber to that number.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I pack a Glock 32 ( compact 357 SIG).

While the 10mm is a better cartridge.. that also applies to my 308..

I picked the Glock 32 because it is more concealable than the 10mm Glock 20. It is lighter and will ccw better than the G20/21 ( large frame Glocks). If I was built to be able to effectively conceal a G20.. I would do it ( IWB in Tshirt weather). But I'm not.

For a nightstand/HD/ Duty gun the Glock 20 is a better choice.( both 10mm and 357 Sig are LOUD and produce fireballs) But be prepared to spend a bit of time and money on it as it takes a lot of training to control the 10mm. Recoil and muzzle blast are also factors to consider.

Both calibers are excellent performers and you cant go wrong with either.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    If you're a reloader, the 10mm is easier to reload with its straight walled case versus the bottle-neck of the .357 Sig. I have enough brass that requires lube, I don't need to add a handgun caliber to that number.

this X100

also keep in mind you will have a better choice of bullets with a 10mm/.401 then the limited selection for the 357 sig

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I own more than a few 10mm. Ammo is not hard to find or expensive IMO.

Georgia Arms sells 180g FMJ for 20 bucks per 50.
    Underwood Ammo sells full power 10mm ammo in many bullet and power configurations.

www.underwoodammo.com

I carry any of my 10mm for EDC when I travel. A G20SF is on my night stand and a G29SF on my coffee table.

The 10mm is an excellent caliber with excellent ballistics. It shoots very flatly nad has the same power at 100 yards as the 45 ACP has at the muzzle.

Shoot it. You'll love it. I do.

Heist

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2012
    MD/DC/NYC
    The only thing that would dissuade me from the .357 Sig is that is an expensive and non-well supported handgun cartridge bordering on exotic.

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    The only thing that would dissuade me from the .357 Sig is that is an expensive and non-well supported handgun cartridge bordering on exotic.

Once upon a time, I'd have agreed with this. That said, it's use by LE means that SOMEONE will keep making it for a while. I'd suspect it sees much wider use in that capacity than 10mm does.

ALBY

Jan 5, 2008
    .357 sig and .45 gap need to go away. all they do is pollute the brass stream. the .357 sig fall thru my .40 sorter and the .45 gap are almost impossible to sort from .45 acp until they clog your press. same goes for small primer .45.

the 10MM, OTOH, is a man caliber and suitable for shooting critters. i would pack a glock 20 with a couple mags in bear country and feel just fine.

**zips up flamesuit**

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Wait. I am shocked no one came up with this.....why choose? Get a Glock 20/29 in 10mm and then head over to LoneWolfDistr and for $125 get a .357Sig barrel to convert it over. Takes 30 seconds and uses the same 10mm mags. Even works in the SF models.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=947&CAT=241

FTW

And even better buy .40 S & W conversion barrels and shoot some girly .40.

The 10mm will handle 40, 357Sig and 9 x 25 Dillon with just a barrel swap.

LordSigdious

Jan 10, 2009
    And even better buy .40 S & W conversion barrels and shoot some girly .40.

The 10mm will handle 40, 357Sig and 9 x 25 Dillon with just a barrel swap.

Well I think I decided on the Glock 20, anyone shoot one with the compensated barrel ? Or would it be better to stay with the standard format?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Once upon a time, I'd have agreed with this. That said, it's use by LE means that SOMEONE will keep making it for a while. I'd suspect it sees much wider use in that capacity than 10mm does.

I know of at least two agencies that use it :)

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Well I think I decided on the Glock 20, anyone shoot one with the compensated barrel ? Or would it be better to stay with the standard format?

Standard. All the compensated does is blow gas in your face and blind you in the dark.

Also, get some good DoubleTap or Underwood rounds and the 6-in barrel and it's deer legal :party29:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

I had a G22C and the reduction in muzzle flip seemed very small to me. It's also louder, and a 10mm is loud to begin with. You could always buy the C and then put a regular barrel in it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom