100 years old and still getting it done.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Well I finally got the scope bases figured out for my Swede Mauser and had an old 4x scope laying around. I was heading to the range anyway, why not find out what the old girl has left in her. The barrel is good but not great. Dark between the lands but still good rifling and a nice crown. The only ammo I could find was some crappy Remington Core-Lokt so I wasn't expecting much, but I'm not setup to reload 6.5x55 yet. So it took me 2 shots total to sight it in at 100. One at 25 yrds and then I adjusted. The second shot at 50 had it 1/4" high at 50 so I stepped it out to 100 for a 3 shot group. I didn't wanna shoot anymore through it cuz I plan on using it for hunting this year and wanted to save most of this hunting ammo for that purpose. So three shots through an old Tasco 4x scope at 100 yrds. A little under an inch.
    swedegroup.jpg

swedem.jpg

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Russ D
    Would you believe I traded a few fishing rods to get her? I'm just wondering what she will do with good match ammo and a target 10x scope.
    Damn!!!! How come I can never run in to deals like that?

Have you seen Russ's fishing posts? I'd be a "couple of his fishing rods" is some serious gear!

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Thats amazing did you do any work on it?

A couple of rounds of Wipe-Out foam to really get it clean and mounted the scope. Other than that she's 100% the way I got it. I'm convinced with a good scope and a good match load she could cut that in half.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I can't say enough about the Swedes in terms of quality. The metal work is fantastic compared to the other Mausers. I think the accuracy speaks for itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom