• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I need to purchase a sight for my new AR. Being that its my first one I'm not looking to start dumping too much money in it yet. Im thinking about going with a red dot but I'm not positive yet. Any recommendations on a sight for around $100? Its a palmetto state armory 5.56/.223 if that matters any

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    Vortex Strike Eagle AR rifle scope, 1-6X with a 30 mm tube @ Cabelas for $329.99.

Great for 3 Gun out to 600 yards.

I have a Vortex Razor HD Generation II, 1-6X {$1,400}, mounted on one of my AR'S, with a Wilson Combat QD mount.

Get the best you can afford.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

I'm debating between the TRS-25 and the See All Open Sight for a light weight build that I'm putting together (as I have both sights in a drawer). Here's a review on the See All (with a pic below) ...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/04/jeremy-s/gear-review-see-all-open-sight/

IMG_3131-900x781.jpg

The See All has unlimited eye relief, no battery of course, and is maybe a smidge easier to acquire targets with both eyes open. I've read elsewhere that it might not perform well if you're using in the dark in conjunction with a weapons light (but maybe one would point shoot at close distances or use a laser for further distances in that situation).

Here's a riser that some recommend using ...

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-5-Slot-Adaptor-Medium-Profile/dp/B00BIPRF18/

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I'm debating between the TRS-25 and the See All Open Sight for a light weight build that I'm putting together (as I have both sights in a drawer). Here's a review on the See All (with a pic below) ...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/04/jeremy-s/gear-review-see-all-open-sight/

IMG_3131-900x781.jpg

The See All has unlimited eye relief, no battery of course, and is maybe a smidge easier to acquire targets with both eyes open. I've read elsewhere that it might not perform well if you're using in the dark in conjunction with a weapons light (but maybe one would point shoot at close distances or use a laser for further distances in that situation).

Here's a riser that some recommend using ...

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-5-Slot-Adaptor-Medium-Profile/dp/B00BIPRF18/

Have you actually used the See All? I've had it in my Amazon cart for a while and did actually get to see one in person at the Gettysburg show. I just have not been able to bring myself to buy it.

I really like the concept though.

G29guy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2016
    DC area
    I need to purchase a sight for my new AR. Being that its my first one I'm not looking to start dumping too much money in it yet. Im thinking about going with a red dot but I'm not positive yet. Any recommendations on a sight for around $100? Its a palmetto state armory 5.56/.223 if that matters any

Go to Walmart and pick up a $40 tasco red dot (you'll likely need a "spacer" to make it sit a lil higher) that should do you for now...that's all I run, works for me

Last edited:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Have you actually used the See All? I've had it in my Amazon cart for a while and did actually get to see one in person at the Gettysburg show. I just have not been able to bring myself to buy it.

I really like the concept though.
    Pas encore. I'll be finishing off the build with a couple of esteemed posters here, so will get a group opinion on it soon.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom