• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Terphunter

Jul 25, 2012
    Well my son got his first gun for Christmas... a Daisy BB gun...but you have to start somehwere!

I had a simular gun as a kid and spent countless hours hunting and shooting in an apple orchard across the street where I grew up in upstate NY as a kid....life long memories.

Well my son loves his new gun and has already burned through more paper targets....needed to make him a good target...one that can last and be cheap to make.

Got 8 pressure treated rail posts and some small eye screws...thats it...10$. Had screws already and cut up three metal clothes hangers....easy and it works great. If a can get too shot up thread on another by the pop top and you are good to go.

Holds the cans.....

image_zpsfd798814.jpg

My little helper....

image_zpsf6f43f6b.jpg

Drive it into the ground with hammer...ready to shoot

image_zps4eebc3c4.jpg

Brings back childhood memories....

image_zpsed87d73d.jpg

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Is it safe to assume that is not a populated area behind the target stand?

Cool idea. I may use that for my granddaughter. Going to start with BB gun and work her up as she matures and grows.

Terphunter

Jul 25, 2012
    Is it safe to assume that is not a populated area behind the target stand?

Cool idea. I may use that for my granddaughter. Going to start with BB gun and work her up as she matures and grows.

Thanks all....its good and safe!

bmorewineguy

Sep 29, 2013
    Edgewater
    Good Idea. Looks pretty sturdy too. Looks like it could withstand quite a few shots from a 22LR too.

Hopefully your son didn't finish off the two cans on the bottom right. :D

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Just make sure he has eye protection. get him used to it now and it will be second nature when he goes to the real thing. The other aspect of this is that I have actually had a ricochet from wood target frames and hit me in the forehead. Left a heck of a knot!!

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    Just make sure he has eye protection. get him used to it now and it will be second nature when he goes to the real thing. The other aspect of this is that I have actually had a ricochet from wood target frames and hit me in the forehead. Left a heck of a knot!!

THIS! I've had numerous BBs ricochet straight back at me. I'd recommend ripping some 2x2s across the angle so you have a 90deg corner you can place on the 2x4 framing. Hopefully the BBs will reflect to the sides then. You could also make side panels for that and a pan beneath. Capture and reuse those BBs.

Terphunter

Jul 25, 2012
    Yup...thought about that. Eye protection is a must...plus i drove it into the ground at a slight angle. We have both put probably 200 bbs in this target...not one issue so far.

Thanks for the heads up though...;)

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    My son just got the same bb gun for his birthday last week. For how cheap it was, surprisingly decent plinker.
    Nice job on the frame, my idea is to hang cans throughout our woods and go on "safari" walks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom