• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    I have a question. I just recently purchased a ruger charger. My goal is to set it up as a ground hog'in-always in the truck-gun. Do any of you guys have them and if so what sighting choice did you go with? I put a micro dot on it because its what i have at the moment, but im not sure its the best choice. A EER pistol scope or a rifle scope my be an option. What do you guys think?

(Oh yeah, i will post pics when i get home from work so no fat chick FPS.)

Jamie

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    I have a Bushnell Red Dot on mine.

22_011.jpg

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    I have a question. I just recently purchased a ruger charger. My goal is to set it up as a ground hog'in-always in the truck-gun. Do any of you guys have them and if so what sighting choice did you go with? I put a micro dot on it because its what i have at the moment, but im not sure its the best choice. A EER pistol scope or a rifle scope my be an option. What do you guys think?

(Oh yeah, i will post pics when i get home from work so no fat chick FPS.)

Jamie

I don't want to burst your bubble but in MD that is considered a Handgun and handguns can't be truck guns.

Tim will tell you the same thing.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    mbz300sdl is correct. No truck gun.

For Optics I prefer EER Pistol or rifle scopes for that application. Weaver has some nice EER scopes.

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    mbz300sdl is correct. No truck gun.

For Optics I prefer EER Pistol or rifle scopes for that application. Weaver has some nice EER scopes.

So im not sure what you guys mean, exactly. I can't take the gun to the farm where i hunt groundhogs in the back of my truck in a case? Use it and return it home. I don't mean hanging in the back window loaded.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    So im not sure what you guys mean, exactly. I can't take the gun to the farm where i hunt groundhogs in the back of my truck in a case? Use it and return it home. I don't mean hanging in the back window loaded.

Oh yeah that's fine and legal.

But when clandestine and I hear "trunk" gun it means it will be stored in the truck which is illegal for a charger but a rifle isn't illegal as long as it's unloaded.

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    So, no one else on here has a charger? No way. I don't believe it. Come on guys you are disappointing me here. Where are the floods of pics of modded chargers and optics banter. Like "I use a pistol scope." "Thats crap i use a rifle scope on mine because...." Well, maybe not exactly this but you get the general idea.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    So, no one else on here has a charger? No way. I don't believe it. Come on guys you are disappointing me here. Where are the floods of pics of modded chargers and optics banter. Like "I use a pistol scope." "Thats crap i use a rifle scope on mine because...." Well, maybe not exactly this but you get the general idea.

I love the way they look and i do like Ruger's a ot but i just can't bring myself to spend that much money on what is a short barrel 10/22.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

Theres only one guy I know that owned one.

He was so happy too. He took it home, next day he woke up dead.....

;)

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    For groundhoggin you need something like a straight up 6x? I use 3x9-40 on my 10/22, but a fixed 6X is probably going to be more manageable on the Charger. And less fumbling with zoom, and such.

At 25 yards with decent magnification those holes will be touching each other. :thumbsup:

Then the groundhogs will be waking up dead! :skull::skull:

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    So, no one else on here has a charger? No way. I don't believe it. Come on guys you are disappointing me here. ....

OK, I'll play. But it's still just a plain vanilla charger with a cheapo red dot scope. It's accurate at 50 yds and provides plenty of cheap plinking fun. I'm not sure what else I'd want it to do.
    :)

Attachments

• Ruger Charger R - Scope.jpg
      Ruger Charger R - Scope.jpg
      41.3 KB · Views: 169

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    OK, I'll play. But it's still just a plain vanilla charger with a cheapo red dot scope. It's accurate at 50 yds and provides plenty of cheap plinking fun. I'm not sure what else I'd want it to do.
    :)
    Thank you for sharing. It is a very nice piece. I was thinking about a Kidd barrel. But im just not sure yet. This time next year there will probably be little left of my original charger.:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom