• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I know my class was even past the 16 hours and really that is all MSP cares about along with the live fire results.
    She is ex police and very 2A active politically so pretty likely she is locked in tight with regulations as far as her certification to instruct
    Where? I have yet to see her in Annapolis? I have yet to see any written testimony from her on any bill (It is all public record and can be read by anyone). Who does she donate to? What lawsuits has she supported?

I call BS on her claim.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Not suggesting masses on thread are wrong,,, my instructor said their was no restrictions in Maryland. But also told us to always check USCCA app when traveling…

And if you look at USCCA app, it lists MD as having a 10rd restriction ….
    USCCA App is wrong, so is your instructor for referring you to an App the relies on wrong information to "protect" you should you use your firearm in self defense.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    This would annoy me to no end.

If I paid a couple hundred bucks for a class and they filled any amount of it with an advertisement (for which the instructor was also getting paid) I'd be pissed.
    So long as the 16 hours is met, and the four requirement are covered, anything else can b discussed in that time frame. Including what may or may not happen in the container belonging to Teratos.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    The USCCA app specifies a 10 round magazine restriction and cites Maryland Code Ann, Criminal Law section 4-305 as a source.
    This Section 4-305, which does nothing to ban possession or carrying of 10+ mags? Apparently, the folks at USCCA no read too good.

(a) This section does not apply to:

(1) a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine; or

(2) a law enforcement officer or a person who retired in good standing from service with a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State, or any law enforcement agency in the State.

(b) A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

magnumpi

Jan 16, 2013
    Westminster MD
    MD Code 4-305
    (b) A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

Nothing prohibiting possession or carry of a magazine greater than 10 rounds

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So long as the 16 hours is met, and the four requirement are covered, anything else can b discussed in that time frame. Including what may or may not happen in the container belonging to Teratos.
    Nothing in MD laws forbids what I do in the container.

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    Where? I have yet to see her in Annapolis? I have yet to see any written testimony from her on any bill (It is all public record and can be read by anyone). Who does she donate to? What lawsuits has she supported?

I call BS on her claim.

I'm just going on what she said, I sure as hell have no clue if she is telling the truth or not. And definitely not sticking up for her at all.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

I call BS on her claim.
    She was there one time pre Coof and testified against some BS law that would have affected LGSs, certainly did not come to support any bills that removed G&S, etc... because Commoners and the Poors shouldn't be able to carry doncha know. She's not hard to miss.

She (or they) have also donated enough to MSI to become corporate sponsors or the like.

Personally I'd like to see MSI give the money back and distance themselves from that place. I'm sure we could raise the difference in one evening from this board.

Not defending her or the worthless training they dispense, just the facts.

Soul Rebel

Mar 8, 2013
    Her 2A “activism” is solely directed at issues concerning gun stores and not the 2A rights of individuals.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    She's no Lou Nichols , but access to aquire guns , ammo , etc is part of 2A also . So to give her due, it's not nothing .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    She is current Gun Rights Poohbah of the MLFDA .

Not channeling her inner Lou45 , probably not even Steve Snider or Lance Hendershot , but more than zero .

Between the two ,probably a better lobbyist than an instructor ,admittedly an extra low bar .

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    After knocking down 325 per class x 75 people x 2 times a week you would think she was interested in everyone having a HGP. But during class it was like she felt nobody should have one. Very strange..
    She is definitely ringing the bell on that income for people taking the classes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom