1 State at a time.........................

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    As if we don't already know that they will never stop, "If the gun control groups win in Washington state, they’re promising to take the fight to several other western states next."

The usual characters listed as "donors":

Herr Bloomberg
    Bill and Melinda Gates
    Steve Ballmer
    Paul Allen

Can the NRA (us) outspend these billionaires?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ht-for-restrictive-gun-law/?intcmp=latestnews

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Sounds like a good time to get an amendment passed that actually puts some limits into who can put how much money into elections.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Sounds like a good time to get an amendment passed that actually puts some limits into who can put how much money into elections.

Oh yes, lets do means testing before anyone is allowed to exercise their first amendment rights. How about some background checks too. :sad20:

Let's all get behind Obama and overturn that pesky Citizens United decision while we're at it. Can't have people using their personal assets to support a cause they feel is right.

In case anyone missed it, :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    citizens united is a flawed decisions for more than just the "supposed" 1A violations. limiting campaign funding is not limiting speach, its limiting how loud one person is allowed to talk... and last time i checked, EVERY citizen of this country has an equal right, under the 1A to speak, it does not grant rights to unlimited volume, nor does it limit it.

now if i could operate the same way as a corporation in the eyes of the IRS... i wouldn't have as much of a problem with citizens united. If corporations are people... then why do we have different rules for citizens and corporations?

the big billionaire donars on the conservative side are not as caring of the 2A rights of citizens as they are as keeping as much of their money as possible

diesel-man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 8, 2009
    As if we don't already know that they will never stop, "If the gun control groups win in Washington state, they’re promising to take the fight to several other western states next."

The usual characters listed as "donors":

Herr Bloomberg
    Bill and Melinda Gates
    Steve Ballmer
    Paul Allen

Can the NRA (us) outspend these billionaires?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ht-for-restrictive-gun-law/?intcmp=latestnews

Even at 7 to 1 spending...it did not help.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/frankmi...-dollar-desire-for-gun-control-is-backfiring/

:party29:

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    citizens united is a flawed decisions for more than just the "supposed" 1A violations. limiting campaign funding is not limiting speach, its limiting how loud one person is allowed to talk... and last time i checked, EVERY citizen of this country has an equal right, under the 1A to speak, it does not grant rights to unlimited volume, nor does it limit it.

I see. Just like the 2a doesn't say you can have a 10 round magazine, or any magazine at all. No need for semi-autos, single-shot bolts will suffice to fulfill your rights under the 2a.

... limiting magazine size is not limiting the second amendment, its limiting how many rounds one person is allowed to use without reloading...

I understand you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom