• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim410

Sep 10, 2009
    Towson
    Yep. I already paid for mine. Will be all good late june. Duffys gun room ordered the redwood 938 for the store so go in there everyonce and a while

Hog Sniper

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2008
    I hope to have a few 938 Nightmares in by then...THey look like a nice gun and are getting good reviews..

Hog Sniper

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2008
    Sig Sauer P938 Nightmare - 9mm w/ SIGLITE Night Sights - 6rd: 938-9-NMR-AMBI

With the introduction of the P938, SIG SAUER now offers the ballistic advantage of the 9mm cartridge in a platform similar in size to the best-selling P238 pistol. A single-action-only trigger, coupled with full-size SIGLITE® Night Sights makes the P938 handle like a much larger pistol, yet is still easy to carry concealed.

With dimensions just slightly larger than its .380ACP counterpart, the P938 packs six plus one rounds of 9mm into an all-metal frame. The cocked-and-locked single-action trigger gives the P938 unmatched accuracy in a pistol its size.

Fans of the 1911 will find the thumb safety, magazine release and slide stop lever in familiar places. An ambidextrous safety makes the P938 easy for left- and right-handed shooters.

The Nightmare is finished with a set of black G10 grips that makes this P938 SIG SAUER looks as good as it performs.

Features
    • Single-action only
    • Lightweight Aluminum Frame
    • Stainless Steel Slide
    • Locked breech mechanism
    • Ambidextrous Frame mounted thumb safety
    • SIGLITE night sights
    • G10 Nightmare Grips
    • (1) 6rd Magazine

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I was in Continental Arms in Timonium this evening and handled the SIG P938. I think it was the Equinox. It had a not for sale tag since it isn't on the MD list yet.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p938-equinox.aspx

Looking at it in the case, I really liked the thumb-safety and the size/concealability. (I have been looking for a small 9mm with a thumb safety since the Shield isn't readily availabile.) Handling it though, it was just too small for my XXL hands. I couldn't get enough fingers around it or easily work the thumb safety. Also the web of my hand was over the beavertail. :(

They did have a nice set of other items with threaded barrels as well as things to screw onto them--things to get excited about.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I handled one at my local range. It's amazing how tiny that thing is. It makes my G26 look huge.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    I handled one at my local range. It's amazing how tiny that thing is. It makes my G26 look huge.

I was wondering how small it is compared to the Walther PPS or the Glock 26. If it's really that small I might pick one up. A pocket 380 never really appealed to me but a pocket 9mm I like the sound of.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You may want to call Maureen Jenkins at the MSP and ask her what's going on.

While you do that, you should also ask about the MAG98. :)

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    You may want to call Maureen Jenkins at the MSP and ask her what's going on.

While you do that, you should also ask about the MAG98. :)

And ask her why a Sig 229 with the word "Elite" after it makes it an entirely different firearm then the Sig 229.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Wow - Still not on the list? Does anyone know if anyone actually sent one in to be approved?

I'll reach out to MDSP tomorrow, but just curious if anyone had any inside info.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Update:

Just spoke with Maureen from the MDSP, she stated the Sig P938 is with them now slated for the January meeting. So we're probably looking at March or so before it's added.

Guess I'll pick up a 238 to hold me over..

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    My gun will only be held up around 4 months....a year is insane.

Someone with some common sense should look at these different guns online and if the 238 is approved then the 938 should be approved as well.

If they look about the same and have the same battery of arms from the same company why waste everyone's time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom