• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    SIG may actually be listening to people. They are offering the new 551-A1 parts (lower, stocks, and mag) as a kit for the SIG 556 for $379 or just stock for $160.

SIG551Offer.jpg

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    :banghead: Why did you have to show me this? I'm trying to save money! :)

Funny, Colorado Guns has been asking $360 for that same stock. Guess they have been ripping people off by massively overcharging.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Why would we want a non standard mag in today's world?

The buttstock looks cool.

I hear you, probably wouldn't be my choice if I was only going to have one rifle. But it's different, not the same old AR-15 styling that everyone else has. That and the fact that these are like the original 550/551 series that is insanely expensive to own now.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I could have just bought a 556 and then got the kit and had both!

Actually, I'm thinking about just ordering the stock. Like Mike said, I'd prefer to keep using all my AR mags. Not sure I want to buy a bunch of expensive proprietary mags to be able to use the lower. Seriously though. Appreciate the heads-up. Gonna call them first thing in the morning.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Actually, I'm thinking about just ordering the stock. Like Mike said, I'd prefer to keep using all my AR mags. Not sure I want to buy a bunch of expensive proprietary mags to be able to use the lower. Seriously though. Appreciate the heads-up. Gonna call them first thing in the morning.

Stock is definitely much better than the crap they tossed on the SIG556/522. $34 is what they are charging for the mags, cheapest I have seen, CDNN is like $49, Colorado Guns and Top Gun supply are on crack charging $79. I bought one because its the closest I will ever get to a real 550/551. Flat out can't pay what they are going for.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    How much is a 551-A1 going for? It would be a neat rifle, the mags kill the deal for me. Maybe if I came into some money I could justify it.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    How much is a 551-A1 going for? It would be a neat rifle, the mags kill the deal for me. Maybe if I came into some money I could justify it.

I have seen 556 under $1000. The SIG 551-A1 I have seen on gunbroker from $1400-1600 that's in the ballpark of what I just paid. I wish they made them this way in the first place.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I dont understand what the big deal is with the 551? Not a huge sig follower but I have dabbled off and on over the years.

Also what is the serialized part? Upper or lower

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    I dont understand what the big deal is with the 551? Not a huge sig follower but I have dabbled off and on over the years.

Also what is the serialized part? Upper or lower

The uppers are serialized. I guess the biggest thing is that there were not many imported before the import ban. So they are very pricey if you want to own one. Take a look at some of the prices.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.aspx?SearchType=0&Timeframe=0&Keywords=sig+551&Cat=3024&Items=50

Other than that I just like it, I don't know... Why do people like AR's, AK's, FAL's...They just do. Why limit yourself to one type of toy get some variety!:party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom