Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:13 PM   #221
aray
Senior Member
 
aray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Crownsville, AA Co.
Posts: 2,369
By the way for those of you who just signed up with the SAF please be aware that it takes a few weeks to hear back from them. Be patient; after a bit of a delay they will eventually respond.
aray is offline  
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:17 PM   #222
Dead Eye
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
Posts: 3,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
By the way, if anyone who is donating to MSI wants a little more bang for their buck, I still have the white MSI tshirts for sale. Sizes XL and 2X still available. $10 if you pick it up somewhere around Baltimore/White Marsh/at the MSI meeting next Sunday, or $15 if you want it shipped to your door.
For $15 bucks, I'll take a 2X. PM me, and we'll figure out the details.
Dead Eye is offline  
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #223
Rockzilla
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
By the way, if anyone who is donating to MSI wants a little more bang for their buck, I still have the white MSI tshirts for sale. Sizes XL and 2X still available. $10 if you pick it up somewhere around Baltimore/White Marsh/at the MSI meeting next Sunday, or $15 if you want it shipped to your door.
I'll take 2 of the XL if ya still have them... shipped ..good cause. if you could PM with the nfo, would appreciate it... thanks


-Rock
Rockzilla is offline  
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:47 PM   #224
ATTYSHOOTER
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 68
I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for all of their support and good wishes. As a lawyer who has dedicated his practice to protecting our civil rights, it is very encouraging to see so many people so strongly supportive of this fight.

Those of us interested in this issue owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to MD Shooters, MSI, SAF, all of their members, and the others who have been fighting for our rights so passionately for so long. Without the work of these groups, their members and [U]concerned citizens like each of you, this case would not be possible.

Those of us involved in the case are only able to attempt to reach so high because we are standing on the shoulders of giants in the form of the various individuals and organizations who have fought for years, sometimes quietly and without recognition or reward, for our constitutional rights.

This is a great discussion and there have been some excellent strategy suggestions and questions from my fellow MD Shooters members. As a lawyer, I would enjoy nothing more than a detailed debate about tactics and strategy in this case. However, this is a public form, so I hope that you will all forgive me for not being able to engage in tactical or strategic discussions here. Sun Tzu put it best: “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

Please keep the comments coming and know that we are monitoring the discussion.

Again, thank you all for your support.

Best regards,

Cary

CARY J. HANSEL
JOSEPH, GREENWALD & LAAKE, P.A.
6404 IVY LANE, SUITE 400
GREENBELT, MARYLAND 20770
TELEPHONE: 301-220-2200
FACSIMILE: 301-220-1214
ATTYSHOOTER is offline  
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #225
Boondock Saint
Returnedish Member
 
Boondock Saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: White Marsh
Posts: 12,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Eye View Post
For $15 bucks, I'll take a 2X. PM me, and we'll figure out the details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockzilla View Post
I'll take 2 of the XL if ya still have them... shipped ..good cause. if you could PM with the nfo, would appreciate it... thanks


-Rock
PMs sent!
Boondock Saint is offline  
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:52 PM   #226
eruby
Senior Member
 
eruby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Carroll County, People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 5,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
By the way, if anyone who is donating to MSI wants a little more bang for their buck, I still have the white MSI tshirts for sale. Sizes XL and 2X still available. $10 if you pick it up somewhere around Baltimore/White Marsh/at the MSI meeting next Sunday, or $15 if you want it shipped to your door.
I will take one XL if available. I'll bring $10 to the Aug 8th meeting if that's okay.


__________________
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

Beat your ploughshares into swords, and your pruning-hooks into spears; let the weakling say, ‘I am strong.’ Joel 3 : 10
eruby is offline  
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:55 PM   #227
Boondock Saint
Returnedish Member
 
Boondock Saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: White Marsh
Posts: 12,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by eruby View Post
I will take one XL if available. I'll bring $10 to the Aug 8th meeting if that's okay.
No problem. I'll have plenty on hand at the meeting if anyone else wants to wait until then to get a shirt.
Boondock Saint is offline  
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #228
ChannelCat
Senior Member
 
ChannelCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bowie, the People's Republik of Maryland SSR
Posts: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
But this is no slam dunk, and don't think for a second that win or lose, our enemies in the legislature won't try to pay us back tenfold.
...and if those two(?) key pro 2A democrats on the Judiciary Committee are replaced any time soon, we're toast.


__________________
"Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedoms of the people by gradual and silent encroachment of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations."
- James Madison 1788

The framers knew that the way militias were destroyed by tyrants in the past was not by passing a law against militias, but by taking away the people's weapons.
- Antonin Scalia 2008
ChannelCat is offline  
Old July 30th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #229
tomh
Member
 
tomh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 136
Another new SAF life member (Defender's club) here!
tomh is offline  
Old July 30th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #230
Oreo
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,385
I called SAF and asked them to just send me a few bumper stickers instead of all the swag in my new-member package. Jamie (I think was her name) was extremely nice and took down my information.

For anyone else interested in doing the same the phone number is: (425) 454-7012
Oreo is offline  
Old July 30th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #231
Spot77
Senior Member
 
Spot77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Anne Arundel County
Posts: 12,084
I guess I should've multiquoted, but I'm tired.

My one comment was really only directed at our dear friend who was recently separated from Mdshooters, only to log on again and again with multiple fake accounts so he could seemingly have people support his position when in fact it was only one person......himself, supporting himself.
Sorry if I ruffled any of our good members' feathers.
Spot77 is offline  
Old July 30th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #232
wbwanzer
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Baltimore county
Posts: 124
Just made a donation to SAF.
wbwanzer is offline  
Old July 30th, 2010, 03:53 PM   #233
Spot77
Senior Member
 
Spot77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Anne Arundel County
Posts: 12,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChannelCat View Post
...and if those two(?) key pro 2A democrats on the Judiciary Committee are replaced any time soon, we're toast.
Bingo. This is a good battle to fight with good odds in our favor, but it'll be a loooong time, if ever before the war is won.

Even states like VA, PA and TX have to fight off bad gun bills every year.

We'll continue to work the other issues when the time comes, and we'll continue to support ALL of our friends in the legislature.

We're always one vote away from AWB's, ammo restrictions, increased ammo taxes, "report your lost/stolen gun" bills and a plethora of other things that we've managed to beat back for the past 6 years.
Spot77 is offline  
Old July 30th, 2010, 03:57 PM   #234
Spot77
Senior Member
 
Spot77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Anne Arundel County
Posts: 12,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTYSHOOTER View Post
I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for all of their support and good wishes. As a lawyer who has dedicated his practice to protecting our civil rights, it is very encouraging to see so many people so strongly supportive of this fight.

Those of us interested in this issue owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to MD Shooters, MSI, SAF, all of their members, and the others who have been fighting for our rights so passionately for so long. Without the work of these groups, their members and [U]concerned citizens like each of you, this case would not be possible.

Those of us involved in the case are only able to attempt to reach so high because we are standing on the shoulders of giants in the form of the various individuals and organizations who have fought for years, sometimes quietly and without recognition or reward, for our constitutional rights.

This is a great discussion and there have been some excellent strategy suggestions and questions from my fellow MD Shooters members. As a lawyer, I would enjoy nothing more than a detailed debate about tactics and strategy in this case. However, this is a public form, so I hope that you will all forgive me for not being able to engage in tactical or strategic discussions here. Sun Tzu put it best: “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

Please keep the comments coming and know that we are monitoring the discussion.

Again, thank you all for your support.

Best regards,

Cary

CARY J. HANSEL
JOSEPH, GREENWALD & LAAKE, P.A.
6404 IVY LANE, SUITE 400
GREENBELT, MARYLAND 20770
TELEPHONE: 301-220-2200
FACSIMILE: 301-220-1214
Cary, win or lose, we all owe you a huge debt of gratitude for carrying the ball on this. You already know MSI will do whatever needs to get done, and MDshooters.com will also do everything possible to make this case a winner without any one person shouldering too much burden, financial or otherwise.
Spot77 is offline  
Old July 30th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #235
Decoy
MSI Executive Member
 
Decoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,070
FYI: The story made WBAL Radio today.
Decoy is offline  
Old July 30th, 2010, 04:19 PM   #236
rob-cubed
In need of moderation
 
rob-cubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Holding the line in Baltimore
Posts: 3,261
My fingers and toes are crossed, and I give my sincere thanks to all who have put their own resources (particularly their time) on the line to defend this cause. It's been an exciting year for 2A rights...
rob-cubed is offline  
Old July 30th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #237
mbenz85
Member
 
mbenz85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harford County
Posts: 295
Thanks to SAF, MSI, our mods here, and Hansel and team for taking this on. I just joined SAF as a lifer. I'm going to go donate to MSI next. This should be an interesting one!
mbenz85 is offline  
Old July 30th, 2010, 04:33 PM   #238
DD214


Founder/Head Geek

 
DD214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Calvert County
Posts: 13,875
Images: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTYSHOOTER View Post
I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for all of their support and good wishes. As a lawyer who has dedicated his practice to protecting our civil rights, it is very encouraging to see so many people so strongly supportive of this fight....
Mr. Hansel, I owe you a beer. Seriously, I can't thank you enough for being a key part of what I believe will eventually lead to the restoration of many of our 2A rights. If and when you need me as an individual for grunt work, or MDShooters as a group, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Oh, and I'm the newest life member of SAF.


__________________


Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.
--G.K. Chesterton
DD214 is offline  
Old July 30th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #239
BenL
John Galt Speaking.
 
BenL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pelham, New Hampshire
Posts: 8,548
OK, another donation, except to MSI this time.

My bank account has sprung a leak, but it's for a good cause.


__________________
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

..........................................-Hanlon's Razor

"No one Is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it."

..........................................-16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256
BenL is online now  
Old July 30th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #240
Boondock Saint
Returnedish Member
 
Boondock Saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: White Marsh
Posts: 12,702
While I'm beating the drum, if anyone needs .40 ammo, I've got two boxes that were graciously donated to MSI by one of its members, but I haven't found a seller. $60 for 200 rounds. The ad is here: http://www.mdshooters.com/vbclassifi...?do=ad&id=3064

Pickup somewhere mutually convenient, perhaps at the MSI meeting next Sunday.
Boondock Saint is offline  
Closed Thread

  Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Tags
woollard


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2013, Maryland Shooters, LLC