Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Closed Thread

Old July 30th, 2010, 02:13 PM   #221
aray

By the way for those of you who just signed up with the SAF please be aware that it takes a few weeks to hear back from them. Be patient; after a bit of a delay they will eventually respond.
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:17 PM   #222
Dead Eye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
By the way, if anyone who is donating to MSI wants a little more bang for their buck, I still have the white MSI tshirts for sale. Sizes XL and 2X still available. $10 if you pick it up somewhere around Baltimore/White Marsh/at the MSI meeting next Sunday, or $15 if you want it shipped to your door.
For $15 bucks, I'll take a 2X. PM me, and we'll figure out the details.
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #223
Rockzilla

Quote:
By the way, if anyone who is donating to MSI wants a little more bang for their buck, I still have the white MSI tshirts for sale. Sizes XL and 2X still available. $10 if you pick it up somewhere around Baltimore/White Marsh/at the MSI meeting next Sunday, or $15 if you want it shipped to your door.
I'll take 2 of the XL if ya still have them... shipped ..good cause. if you could PM with the nfo, would appreciate it... thanks

-Rock
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:47 PM   #224
ATTYSHOOTER

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for all of their support and good wishes. As a lawyer who has dedicated his practice to protecting our civil rights, it is very encouraging to see so many people so strongly supportive of this fight.

Those of us interested in this issue owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to MD Shooters, MSI, SAF, all of their members, and the others who have been fighting for our rights so passionately for so long. Without the work of these groups, their members and [U]concerned citizens like each of you, this case would not be possible.

Those of us involved in the case are only able to attempt to reach so high because we are standing on the shoulders of giants in the form of the various individuals and organizations who have fought for years, sometimes quietly and without recognition or reward, for our constitutional rights.

This is a great discussion and there have been some excellent strategy suggestions and questions from my fellow MD Shooters members. As a lawyer, I would enjoy nothing more than a detailed debate about tactics and strategy in this case. However, this is a public form, so I hope that you will all forgive me for not being able to engage in tactical or strategic discussions here. Sun Tzu put it best: “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

Please keep the comments coming and know that we are monitoring the discussion.

Again, thank you all for your support.

Best regards,

Cary

CARY J. HANSEL
JOSEPH, GREENWALD & LAAKE, P.A.
6404 IVY LANE, SUITE 400
GREENBELT, MARYLAND 20770
TELEPHONE: 301-220-2200
FACSIMILE: 301-220-1214
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #225
Boondock Saint
Returnedish Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Eye View Post
For $15 bucks, I'll take a 2X. PM me, and we'll figure out the details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockzilla View Post
I'll take 2 of the XL if ya still have them... shipped ..good cause. if you could PM with the nfo, would appreciate it... thanks

-Rock
PMs sent!
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:52 PM   #226
eruby

Quote:
I will take one XL if available. I'll bring $10 to the Aug 8th meeting if that's okay.

Beat your ploughshares into swords, and your pruning-hooks into spears; let the weakling say, ‘I am strong.’ Joel 3 : 10
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:55 PM   #227
Boondock Saint
Returnedish Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruby View Post
I will take one XL if available. I'll bring $10 to the Aug 8th meeting if that's okay.
No problem. I'll have plenty on hand at the meeting if anyone else wants to wait until then to get a shirt.
Old July 30th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #228
ChannelCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
But this is no slam dunk, and don't think for a second that win or lose, our enemies in the legislature won't try to pay us back tenfold.
...and if those two(?) key pro 2A democrats on the Judiciary Committee are replaced any time soon, we're toast.

"Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedoms of the people by gradual and silent encroachment of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations."
- James Madison 1788

The framers knew that the way militias were destroyed by tyrants in the past was not by passing a law against militias, but by taking away the people's weapons.
- Antonin Scalia 2008
Old July 30th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #229
tomh

Another new SAF life member (Defender's club) here!
Old July 30th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #230
Oreo
Banned

I called SAF and asked them to just send me a few bumper stickers instead of all the swag in my new-member package. Jamie (I think was her name) was extremely nice and took down my information.

For anyone else interested in doing the same the phone number is: (425) 454-7012
Old July 30th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #231
Spot77

I guess I should've multiquoted, but I'm tired.

My one comment was really only directed at our dear friend who was recently separated from Mdshooters, only to log on again and again with multiple fake accounts so he could seemingly have people support his position when in fact it was only one person......himself, supporting himself.
Sorry if I ruffled any of our good members' feathers.
Old July 30th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #232
wbwanzer

Just made a donation to SAF.
Old July 30th, 2010, 03:53 PM   #233
Spot77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChannelCat View Post
...and if those two(?) key pro 2A democrats on the Judiciary Committee are replaced any time soon, we're toast.
Bingo. This is a good battle to fight with good odds in our favor, but it'll be a loooong time, if ever before the war is won.

Even states like VA, PA and TX have to fight off bad gun bills every year.

We'll continue to work the other issues when the time comes, and we'll continue to support ALL of our friends in the legislature.

We're always one vote away from AWB's, ammo restrictions, increased ammo taxes, "report your lost/stolen gun" bills and a plethora of other things that we've managed to beat back for the past 6 years.
Old July 30th, 2010, 03:57 PM   #234
Spot77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTYSHOOTER View Post
I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for all of their support and good wishes. As a lawyer who has dedicated his practice to protecting our civil rights, it is very encouraging to see so many people so strongly supportive of this fight.

Those of us interested in this issue owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to MD Shooters, MSI, SAF, all of their members, and the others who have been fighting for our rights so passionately for so long. Without the work of these groups, their members and [U]concerned citizens like each of you, this case would not be possible.

Those of us involved in the case are only able to attempt to reach so high because we are standing on the shoulders of giants in the form of the various individuals and organizations who have fought for years, sometimes quietly and without recognition or reward, for our constitutional rights.

This is a great discussion and there have been some excellent strategy suggestions and questions from my fellow MD Shooters members. As a lawyer, I would enjoy nothing more than a detailed debate about tactics and strategy in this case. However, this is a public form, so I hope that you will all forgive me for not being able to engage in tactical or strategic discussions here. Sun Tzu put it best: “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

Please keep the comments coming and know that we are monitoring the discussion.

Again, thank you all for your support.

Best regards,

Cary

CARY J. HANSEL
JOSEPH, GREENWALD & LAAKE, P.A.
6404 IVY LANE, SUITE 400
GREENBELT, MARYLAND 20770
TELEPHONE: 301-220-2200
FACSIMILE: 301-220-1214
Cary, win or lose, we all owe you a huge debt of gratitude for carrying the ball on this. You already know MSI will do whatever needs to get done, and MDshooters.com will also do everything possible to make this case a winner without any one person shouldering too much burden, financial or otherwise.
Old July 30th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #235
Decoy
MSI Executive Member

FYI: The story made WBAL Radio today.
Old July 30th, 2010, 04:19 PM   #236
rob-cubed
In need of moderation

My fingers and toes are crossed, and I give my sincere thanks to all who have put their own resources (particularly their time) on the line to defend this cause. It's been an exciting year for 2A rights...
Old July 30th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #237
mbenz85

Thanks to SAF, MSI, our mods here, and Hansel and team for taking this on. I just joined SAF as a lifer. I'm going to go donate to MSI next. This should be an interesting one!
Old July 30th, 2010, 04:33 PM   #238
DD214

Founder/Head Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTYSHOOTER View Post
I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for all of their support and good wishes. As a lawyer who has dedicated his practice to protecting our civil rights, it is very encouraging to see so many people so strongly supportive of this fight....
Mr. Hansel, I owe you a beer. Seriously, I can't thank you enough for being a key part of what I believe will eventually lead to the restoration of many of our 2A rights. If and when you need me as an individual for grunt work, or MDShooters as a group, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Oh, and I'm the newest life member of SAF.

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.
--G.K. Chesterton
Old July 30th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #239
BenL
John Galt Speaking.

OK, another donation, except to MSI this time.

My bank account has sprung a leak, but it's for a good cause.

..........................................-Hanlon's Razor

"No one Is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it."

..........................................-16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256
Old July 30th, 2010, 05:09 PM   #240
Boondock Saint
Returnedish Member

While I'm beating the drum, if anyone needs .40 ammo, I've got two boxes that were graciously donated to MSI by one of its members, but I haven't found a seller. $60 for 200 rounds. The ad is here: http://www.mdshooters.com/vbclassifi...?do=ad&id=3064

Pickup somewhere mutually convenient, perhaps at the MSI meeting next Sunday.
Closed Thread

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Tags
woollard