• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeyworks

Sep 20, 2007
    Bel Air, MD
    Can anyone shed some light on the use and exercising the permissions granted under Crop Damage Permits for deer?

I have a friend who is a farmer and acquired a series of permits, but I have yet to read the language of the permits and I wanted to know a little before I went up there and started getting confused with the "whereto's" and the "afforementioned's" in the legalese.

Anyone care to summarize the use of one, what can and cannot be taken and what firearms are generally permitted and when?

Thanks
    mikey

SamW

Apr 2, 2007
    Western Md
    Call the DNR. A conservation officer (game warden) will come out to your place and survey the crop damage. Most likely they will then give you a crop damage permit to shoot x number of deer.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Can anyone shed some light on the use and exercising the permissions granted under Crop Damage Permits for deer?

I have a friend who is a farmer and acquired a series of permits, but I have yet to read the language of the permits and I wanted to know a little before I went up there and started getting confused with the "whereto's" and the "afforementioned's" in the legalese.

Anyone care to summarize the use of one, what can and cannot be taken and what firearms are generally permitted and when?

Thanks
    mikey
    http://search.maryland.gov/search?q=Crop+Damage+Permits&btnG=Search&site=Natural_Resources&entqr=0&ud=1&sort=date%3AD%3AL%3Ad1&output=xml_no_dtd&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&client=search_md_1&proxystylesheet=search_md_1

dull dave

Oct 19, 2007
    wicomico
    My understanding is that once a landowner has X number of permits there is no accounting for the number of deer killed. I could be wrong but if this is true then there is no way to find out how many deer actually killed under permits.

Dull dave

hillstfr

Jan 18, 2012
    edgewater, md
    yeah - I figured I would toss it in there because this thread was the most useful thing I got back when I did a google search on crop damage permits.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    yeah - I figured I would toss it in there because this thread was the most useful thing I got back when I did a google search on crop damage permits.

No worries, we like good information. Welcome to the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom