Group shoot on October 28th - Discussion thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    OK guys, you asked for it and here it is.

Our next forum sponsored shoot will be on Sunday, October 28th at DelMarVa Spoting Clays in Vienna, MD

Time: 9am until we get sick of shooting.

Cost: $15 for the day.

Lunch: Provided by DelMarVa for $7-7.50 a person and well worth it.

Competition: Here

Range rules: Located here

Drawings: We will be having a drawing for a case of Lake City 45ACP ammunition (500 rounds) donated courtesy of Continental Arms of Timonium. This is a $120 retail value. Tickets are $5.00 each and 5 for $20. All proceeds of the drawing will go to benefit Maryland Shall Issue.

Last edited:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'll be working on a competition for the shoot that doesn't require tieing up the entire firing line like the last time.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    For our FFL industry members, if you would like to donate something for the doorprizes and competition prizes PM me.

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    can we do some sort of pistol competition? I suck with rifles, I want to compete in something I have a chance in.... or at least won't look like a fool competing in.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    For those that have never attended one of these shoots, it is an excellent opportunity to not only put faces with names but also to gain greater practical knowledge from the cumulative experience here.

If you have a particular firearm that you've been waiting to try, this is your chance.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    can we do some sort of pistol competition? I suck with rifles, I want to compete in something I have a chance in.... or at least won't look like a fool competing in.

It would have to be fairly long distance stuff. I'm still not sold on the safety of that extra berm as far as having people down in the pistol range while the rifle range is hot.

With the new steel plates, we could have some real fun.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County

Same here. Delmarva has some pretty nice steel targets available now, and they're perfect for some handgun fun. Norton has taken a great pistol class recently, so maybe a 15 minute instructional from him is in order, followed by some practical application.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Hot Damn!

I'm in. I will see what i can come up with other then range time for this shoot.

I'm going to try and get a freind to bring some belt fed toys. But that's gonna require some ATF paper work as he lives in PA. We'll see! I only wish I could get another friend to bring the 223 belt fed since it's cheaper to shoot!

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    You have to some shoot the PSA Shoot Out next year. All falling steel. I've shot it for the past 4 years and had one hell of a time each year.

Cool....I know I need to get out and do some more of that stuff. After shooting 700 rounds in 2 days in July, I had gotten pretty good. Now I'm back to my bad habits, I'm sure

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Damnit had to go with another Sunday :mad54:

This time it just came down to scheduling. I'm commited just about every Saturday from now to Christmas with school-related stuff and free lancing gigs.

If you're worried about the traffic I don't think it will be an issue this time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom