PA woman learns the hard way about NJ's Graves' act.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    It's kind of sad really. She had a LTCF from Philadelphia which means she had a clean background and jumped through hoops.

Now they are trying to screw her over really badly. She could have gotten PTI like any common criminal, but because she's a law abiding citizen they want to throw the book at her.

Bass ackwards innit?

She's being represented by Evan Nappen, so at least she's in good hands. But there's only so much that can do.

It's almost like Sgt Tahmooresi getting arrested in Mexico.

http://www.ammoland.com/2014/07/njs...trol-claims-yet-another-victim/#axzz36vkTPeNF

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I am beginning to think that the prosecutors are the biggest part of the problem. They go to great lengths to deny carry permits and they want to make sure that people doing the smallest "crimes" get the book thrown at them, while the real criminals get a slap on the wrist. Maybe they get some kind of sick pleasure from throwing around this power...

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I look forward to when NJ runs afoul of FOPA or LEOSA in their over zealous enforcement of these laws.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    How many years down the road till an armed citizenry reacts to senseless laws like these?

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I wonder if the NAACP would get involved. They seem to take up issues that involve minorities all the time. Everyone likes to bad mouth them but I would love to see these charges across national tv.

Laws should seek to punish criminals not by chance victims. God i pray for national reciprocacy.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Young black female -- good . this is the kind of photogenic victim we need.

Bad for her, but good for the cause -- sorry she is getting caught up it it, but test cases happen

That NJ is willing to go to trial mans they really think the court is done..

Young black female -- perfect .

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I guess one can't put anything past them. Hopefully, many, many settlements like in Chicago will start to weigh on these states and municipalities.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    This sucks for the lady. But this story just makes me realize, their governor is a big contender for the republican presidential ticket. That's crazy.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    This sucks for the lady. But this story just makes me realize, their governor is a big contender for the republican presidential ticket. That's crazy.

He is an R in a D state. What makes you think he runs the state? You can bet he is not popular.

Its also a perfect layup for a pardon even before trial in order to bolster his pro gun creeds .. :) if he does we will know he is running..

Make no mistake -- we could get national carry reciprocity out of this case if its a conviction even if a pardon s granted after the fact--- Emily miller is now on Fox news -- nation wide attention -- pretty women will be our pr voice --

Not White not old not male ...

This is the PR game -- yes its unsavory -- but this is the game.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    They have done that. They locked up a baltimore city cop a few years ago carrying off duty under leosa.

Yeah, the NJ AG really didn't like LEOSA and even sent out a memo saying cops shouldn't carry here. Eventually they came around and even relaxed the rules for retired officers' carry permit.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    He is an R in a D state. What makes you think he runs the state? You can bet he is not popular.

Its also a perfect layup for a pardon even before trial in order to bolster his pro gun creeds .. :) if he does we will know he is running..

He should give her a full pardon not a half assed commuted sentence like Brian Aitken. He should also fix Aitken's problem by pardoning him.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I look forward to when NJ runs afoul of FOPA or LEOSA in their over zealous enforcement of these laws.

NJ fought FOPA and won. As a result the third circuit ruled that FOPA doesn't really apply to air travel, or rather, transporting your unloaded firearm in your luggage walking through an airport terminal. The case is ANJRPC v Port Authority (fka Revell v Port Authority).

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    NJ fought FOPA and won. As a result the third circuit ruled that FOPA doesn't really apply to air travel, or rather, transporting your unloaded firearm in your luggage walking through an airport terminal. The case is ANJRPC v Port Authority (fka Revell v Port Authority).

Which also helps long term .. besides stronger fopa there is the need to federalize airport jurisdiction altogether :)

This stuff proves to folks that NJ MD CA etc are threats to liberty nation wide ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom