• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    yep, looks to be. Some have 2 "legislative" districts I think - Senate and House. It's a bit of a mess...

Look in post 1 and 2 @ district 8 for help picking candidates. It looks like we could use some help reseching 8, so jump on in :) There is a link to all candidates in the 1st post also. Not all are listed in the posts. Welcome to the party!

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    yep, looks to be. Some have 2 "legislative" districts I think - Senate and House. It's a bit of a mess...

Look in post 1 and 2 @ district 8 for help picking candidates. It looks like we could use some help reseching 8, so jump on in :) There is a link to all candidates in the 1st post also. Not all are listed in the posts. Welcome to the party!
    There are cases where the Senate district is split into two or three House districts (my guess is for significant gerrymandering purposes). Each Senator has three subtended Delegates.

Look at my district as an example. I am in Senate District 9, which is split on the House side into an District "9A" (provides 2 Delegates) and a District "9B" (provides 1 Delegate).

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    There are cases where the Senate district is split into two or three House districts (my guess is for significant gerrymandering purposes). Each Senator has three subtended Delegates.

Look at my district as an example. I am in Senate District 9, which is split on the House side into an District "9A" (provides 2 Delegates) and a District "9B" (provides 1 Delegate).

Thanks. That I have seen, and even split to 3 House sub-districts. Discussion on another thread has me confused about 30B Delegates matching up to 33 Senate district - http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=146225

As for the gerrymandering with House sub-districting, I am not sure how that all works either. D9 still only gets 3 Delegates total, correct? I guess 9A can send 2 into the General Election from each party, and 9B can send 1. What a mess...

Jasen

Molon Labe
    Jul 30, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Shawn Quinn

Check out the Libertarian candidate for Governor. Citizens4quinn.org. He is a big time second amendment advocate. Great family man too.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    I see no 2A-friendly candidates for the DINO vote on AG and Governor. Painful. Cardin and Mizeur it is? Thoughts?

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Could be. So Gansler then? Wow...with these choices, I really hope people rally for their the candidates running against them in the General Election. None of these (D)'s are good for 2A

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    those little bullets in that article were interesting...

Yep. So if those top 3 (D)'s get into the General Election, that helps to split the (D) vote? That is good. On that strategy - it seems it would would be best for DINOs to back the weakest of the 3, which would help to ensure they make it the General Election. ?

Last edited:

Signifier

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Yep. So if those top 3 (D)'s get into the General Election, that helps to split the (D) vote. That is good. On that strategy - it seems it would would be best for DINOs to back the weakest of the 3, which would help to ensure they make it the General Election. ?

The DINO vote + real Mizeur votes would have to be greater than the votes of Gansler or Brown for that matter in the primary. I think the MD democrats are divided between Gansler and Brown, so if Mizeur could win in the primary (highly unlikely I think) that would be great. A republican would have a high chance of beating her. Though I think someone like David Craig who appeals to even moderates could beat someone like Gansler and possibly Brown if either of them won their party's nomination.

David Craig and the republicans really need to raise more money, Brown has 7 mill, Gansler 5-6 mill, and David Craig last I checked around $150k+. He needs to run TV ads, get more signs out, more appearances, more conferences, etc.

LibertyGun

May 19, 2014
    District 14, PRM
    Check out the Libertarian candidate for Governor. Citizens4quinn.org. He is a big time second amendment advocate. Great family man too.

Quinn says all the right things. He has no chance of winning in this state of course being a Libertarian, but the great irony is that his issues cross the aisle better than any other candidate, democrat or republican.

highfructosecornsyrup

Apr 2, 2012
    baltimore city
    Yep. So if those top 3 (D)'s get into the General Election, that helps to split the (D) vote? That is good. On that strategy - it seems it would would be best for DINOs to back the weakest of the 3, which would help to ensure they make it the General Election. ?

I agree, like its been said our weakest D would be a shoe in for a R, however I think pushing the DINOs to her would be a fail. I think the chances have to be taken on Douggie Fresh, and if he ends up king of the land I hope hell eventually make an ass out of himself to the point where hell lose the power MOM has/had. We gotta remember, the 3 big houses in Annapolis are very blue and there are a lot of friends there. We need to AT THE VERY LEAST break up some of that mess, even if its a little bit.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    so if Brown does not get X% in the Primary, all 3 (D) candidates move on to the General Election? I have been unable find how a runoff is triggered and works here in MD...

Signifier

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    so if Brown does not get X% in the Primary, all 3 (D) candidates move on to the General Election? I have been unable find how a runoff is triggered and works here in MD...

Democrats will nominate 1 candidate to run in the general election, and usually whoever takes plurality of votes of selected by their party. Hope DINOs vote for Heather Lesbian Mizeur she's the weakest of them and wouldn't stand a chance against a republican candidate like David Craig or even Larry Hogan in a general election.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom