• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    My wife has been granted double designated collector status. We both applied in mid-September. We filled out separate applications and mailed them in separate envelopes on the same day. Her letter arrived on Thursday. Today another letter arrived addressed to her. I was hoping it was just an error on the envelope, but no such luck. The second letter was addressed to her as well. They were dated 5 days apart.

So now she has double status and I have none!

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Well, she will have to send them both back, have them voided and start the application process over.

/jk :)

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    I just got mine a few days ago, and noticed on the seal/stamping on the top, it shows Lt. Governer Brown on the right, the upper left is stamped Governer Ehrlich.

I guess even MSP hates O'maggot as well.

Was your wifes letter stamped like that too?

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I just got mine a few days ago, and noticed on the seal/stamping on the top, it shows Lt. Governer Brown on the right, the upper left is stamped Governer Ehrlich.

I guess even MSP hates O'maggot as well.

Was your wifes letter stamped like that too?

She has one of each! That's not Lt. Gov. Brown on the right, it's Marcus Brown of the MSP. One letter has Ehrlich and Steele and one has O'Malley/Brown.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    My wife has been granted double designated collector status. We both applied in mid-September. We filled out separate applications and mailed them in separate envelopes on the same day. Her letter arrived on Thursday. Today another letter arrived addressed to her. I was hoping it was just an error on the envelope, but no such luck. The second letter was addressed to her as well. They were dated 5 days apart.

So now she has double status and I have none!

That's easy to figure out! What's hers is hers.......what's yours is hers too!

Called being married!

Scratch

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 18, 2013
    Annapolis
    Same here. Sent in one app; got back two letters dated November 16th (a Saturday? :confused:) & November 21st.

Ah, just noticed the different Gov's. That's what happened - someone mistakenly fed the printer old letterhead and had to redo them.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Same here. Sent in one app; got back two letters dated November 16th (a Saturday? :confused:) & November 21st.

Ah, just noticed the different Gov's. That's what happened - someone mistakenly fed the printer old letterhead and had to redo them.

Hmmm, those are the exact dates on her letter. Why send another just because of the letterhead? I wonder if I should just wait a couple of days before complaining.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    This reminds me about the time MVA sent my father's car title to the wrong address.

The people wanted me to pay them to get it back. (And only spoke spanish, hence my father not dealing with it.) Eventually, he paid the car off, and got the lien released title from the bank, and it's not a problem anymore, lol.

I'll go dig for my letter, I'm pretty sure it was o'mally/brown.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Friday, Nov 22, I received a designated collector approval letter with Gov Erlich in the upper left, the letter was dated Nov 16. Today, Monday Nov 25, I received another designated collector approval letter with O'Malley in the upper left corner, this letter was dated Nov 21. I think they somebody loaded the Erlich paper into the printer by mistake. Attention to detail rears its ugly head.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Mine also came with Erlich's name on top.

StovemanDC145_zpsaad22763.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom