• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jrob96

Oct 30, 2014
    Mancow we must have gotten the same processor st MSP....I'm going on 2 weeks and no updates have occurred.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    With the things I've seen in this thread, I can only surmise that the MSP uses these to decide who gets what...

6a01157023a03b970b0115710feab4970c-pi

Jrob96

Oct 30, 2014
    I used my ss#; I do have a common name. I have also purchased multiple handguns for the past 20 years. It's MD....I've stopped trying to figure it out.

Manco

Nov 6, 2014
    Easton
    At this point after 14 days I'm just wondering whether or not to call them and see if they lost my application. Or wiped their butts with it and laughed

Sambaboi

Oct 29, 2014
    Bethesda, MD
    With the things I've seen in this thread, I can only surmise that the MSP uses these to decide who gets what...

6a01157023a03b970b0115710feab4970c-pi

Lol! I am frustrated with the process and asked them for the THIRD time and this is the reply I received:

"We are granted up to 30 days by law in which to provide a license from a complete application. Yours was received approximately 2 weeks ago. In that time you have emailed 6 times requesting the status of your application. Your application is awaiting secondary review and will be dealt with in the order it was received. I would imagine if your friends received their licenses more quickly, they had no issues that required this secondary review. Thank you for your patience in this matter."

I replied:

Dear MSP,

"I am glad that you find need to keep track of how many times I have contacted you. Do you realize that some of those contacts were in conversation form and sincerely thanking you, although I have been awaiting to exercise my second amendment rights? Now, I will not contact you anymore within that time frame because I think your customer service is horrible. I am a hard working citizen and tax payer of this state. All that I ask is that you protect my rights and I'm sorry if I feel discriminated by your secondary inspection."

They are obviously not treating everyone fairly. I did not place my SS number. My name is uncommon. I live close to Washington D.C., I have had 1 speeding ticket within 10 years. I also have the same job for over four years, a M.S., and was on the Board of Directors for my condo. Just some facts to put out there.

I will bet that MSP is enjoying withholding my rights at their leisure while reading this thread, because it's not too hard to find this forum and they probably don't have anything better to do, such as, protecting the citizens rights... One day, hopefully soon, I will either have equal rights, or be rich from a civil suit.

iSpriggz

Nov 11, 2014
    Application\License Fee - Completed Oct/18/14
    MVA Photo - Completed Oct/20/14
    LiveScan - Completed Oct/20/14
    NICS - Completed Oct/20/14
    CJIS - Incomplete
    MAFSS - Completed Oct/20/14
    METERS - Incomplete
    JIS - Completed Oct/20/14
    DJS - Incomplete
    DHMH - Completed Oct/20/14

11/16 will make 30 days including the day it was filed. No change since 10/20. So assuming they don't process on weekends, it would have to be done by Friday or it will be over 30 days.

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    "Yours was received approximately 2 weeks ago. In that time you have emailed 6 times requesting the status of your application. Your application is awaiting secondary review and will be dealt with in the order it was received."

:lol2: I am guessing yours isn't coming until the LAST POSSIBLE SECOND now...

Sambaboi

Oct 29, 2014
    Bethesda, MD
    Truth

:lol2: I am guessing yours isn't coming until the LAST POSSIBLE SECOND now...

Yea, I don't think I'm going to the front of the line anytime soon.

It's rediculous and I imaging that the NICS, JIS and CJIS can be done in 5 minutes on a computer, but it's still incomplete. Anyway, now, I have the satisfaction knowing it will only be here on the 23, or better yet, I would love to initiate legal action, especially being the libertarian I am = ) I think in the meanwhile, I'm going to make a documentary on how MD is depriving its citizens of their second amendment rights through unjust regulation. Maybe I can be the next Michael Moore.

Either way, if I could look into the persons eyes who emailed me, I'd say "goodbye Felicia"! Too bad this organization is tainting my views on this state, because I otherwise love our crab state. I would love to see the shift if they made elidgability laws centered around ones education. This, to me, reinforces why we should do away with state and local PD's and have one unified Military Police.

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    So here is a hypothetical I've been thinking about....

What would the state do, if for some reason during an HQL check, they discoverd a reason that a person should not qualify for the HQL, but they already own pre-10.1.13 handguns?

Has this happened to anyone? Kind of scary/interesting to think about...

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    Well if it was something that caused you to now be prohibited person, I'd expect a visit from MSP to confiscate your firearms.

Yes that goes without saying. But what I am asking is if nothing changed to make a person prohibited in that lapsed timeframe. Again, hypothetical but curious.

I would venture to guess you would still be getting a visit, and it would be a "sorry we missed this before, hand em over!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom