• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    It's not one for us.
    (No sure how anything like this can be "for us" but I think I get what you mean)
    He emptied a 10 round magazine then went and got another gun.
    Obviously magazine limits save lives.
    He was stopped by two unarmed people.
    Obviously it's a myth that CCW will help stop an active shooter.

I expect this to be regurgitated at the next gun grab political press conference.

breimer273

Jul 25, 2013
    SOMD
    Oh I thought the people who stopped were armed. Said the shooter had been shot. Saw it on tv didnt read the article. My bad, still interesting though.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Yeah, the article I read on this said the shooter was shot in the leg and then bear hugged by the person that shot him.

Mag limits only save lives if the insane shooter is completely unprepared/stupid. Who brings a single mag along when planning a massacre? Not only that, he only brought along a single long gun and then had to go back to the vehicle for his handgun.

Newell may have been shot in the leg during the incident but officials could not confirm his condition, state police Captain Edward Hoke said at a press conference.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-pennsylvania-shooting-20130805,0,7842599.story

Police identified the suspect as Rockne Newell of Saylorsburg. Newell was among those shot and was being treated at Pocono Medical Center Monday night. Police said exactly how he was shot is under investigation.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/05/us/pennsylvania-town-hall-shooting/index.html

Terrible wording, but it appears the shooter might have been shot with his own gun.

"(West End Open Space Commission executive director) Bernie Kozen was there tending to the man and he (the shooter) didn't see them," Reber said. "Bernie bearhugged him and took him down. He shot (the shooter) with his own gun."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/0...ennsylvania-municipal-building/#ixzz2bCGrOaFX

Once again, horrendous investigative reporting on a shooting. In a rush to get something out, they put out complete crap with barely any facts confirmed. Have to get it out there ASAP and sell advertising space before the attention deficit public moves on to the next matter.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    By the way, this both hurts and helps our cause. Any type of mass killing with a firearm hurts our cause for the most part. Then again, if there wasn't any violence, etc. would we even needs firearms to protect ourselves. So, it ends up being good and bad. If I was in that room while the guy was shooting it up, I sure would have wanted to have a firearm myself.

When they can ASSURE me that nobody will ever commit violent acts against me or my loved ones, that is when I will stop pushing as hard for my 2nd Amendment Right.

They actually got lucky in this case in that they were dealing with a moron that came unprepared to do what he wanted to do and who overlooked a person as he entered the room. Of course, everybody in the room was also unprepared to deal with this situation, and it was sheer luck and some bravery that concluded the matter short of many more dead and injured people.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Any time someone is murdered with a firearm it hurts us. And not just as gun owners but as people.

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    It probably is just like the courthouse etc. These zones act like big flashing lights for crazy folks who want to hurt people.

No, as far as I know, this is not a gun free zone here in PA. State preemption prevents municipalities from passing their own firearm laws. Well, some try, but then are reversed when they find out they have passed an illegal law.

I was at the press conference about this today. Had to run some fiber optic for the live feed. It's only a few miles from where I'm at.

This guy has had a major beef with the local board, for many years, and he finally snapped.

With the info so far, during the struggle, the shooter was shot in the leg with his own firearm. He first emptied a mini-14, then retrieved a 44 magnum from the vehicle, and was subdued as he returned in to the building. Someone had some huge balls, and saved lives. Major kudos to them.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I'd just like to point out a fact: Our Second Amendment right protects us against tyranny. In other words, there may come a time when we have to use our weapons to kill in order to defend our lives and our liberty. If such a time ever comes, the antis will just "use that against us." So what?

The whole magazine size argument doesn't fly either since this dude could have used any sized magazine he desired, given that he was in PA. It wasn't the magazine size that stopped him, but his own stupidity.

We need to remember that all of the anti-gun arguments are logically flawed. As such, it's a waste of time trying to shed gun owners in a positive light as the antis will just deny whatever we say. The only people we can deal with are those who are impartial to guns and can be swayed by logic, and those individuals can be pushed to our side if we convey an appropriate message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom