• Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    Another pulitzer for Erin please ... :sad20:

Does she even research the subjects before writing her articles or does she just go with hear-say? And what happened to "all the news that FIT to print"? Anyone?

She needs to be held accountable. The paper should somehow be required to print a retraction.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-gun-sales-soaring-20130608,0,6369710.story

More brilliant reporting on the part of the Sun. Written so as to lead the casual and uniformed reader to believe that guns are leaving shops with no scrutiny whatsoever and are somehow skirting the law.

Oh, and it's nice to see MDS once again in the comments section. I rarely bother anymore...

Let's see...Jack Hays and ElCid....

:moon:

.:tongue01:

I also see IsabellaF, a regular douche along with Hays and Elcid89. I think all three are paid commenters for The Sun as they don't show up until there are at least a dozen or more comments against a particular Sun article, and it doesn't need to be about 2A either. I've had heated exchanges with all three in the past, but I've mellowed in my old age and leave it to the Young {MDS} Turks to take them down.

Also, don't forget Ranya Bardiwell on our side. (I love the reference to EFAD)

Another pulitzer for Erin please ... :sad20:

Does she even research the subjects before writing her articles or does she just go with hear-say? And what happened to "all the news that FIT to print"? Anyone?

She needs to be held accountable. The paper should somehow be required to print a retraction.

Generally, Erin Cox usually has been pretty balanced, but that doesn't mean that he editors at the BaltimoreSun.com aren't 'twisting her arm' to report the Owe'Malley version of the truth.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Looks like someone in the MOM administration decided they needed to run to their buddies in the press on this issue.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I also see IsabellaF, a regular douche along with Hays and Elcid89. I think all three are paid commenters for The Sun as they don't show up until there are at least a dozen or more comments against a particular Sun article, and it doesn't need to be about 2A either.

Looking through the Sun site this morning now that you mention it, I tend to agree.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    I think ELCid is a member here.

We do have a member that goes by ElCid76. Poster on the Sun is ELCid89.

If it is the one and the same, they are doing more harm than good.

If not, then I apologize.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

We used to have a member that goes by ElCid76. Poster on the Sun is ELCid89.

Fixed that for you.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I keep waiting to hear who actually buys The Sun out of bankruptcy ... if its one of the 3 or 4 conservative interests ... the libs will loose their minds ... I want this for the entertainment value as much as anything.

Do you think they will try to declare eminent domain over it rather than let the market take it where it wills?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

We do have a member that goes by ElCid76. Poster on the Sun is ELCid89.

Doubtful ...

ElCid89 is a graduate of The Citadel in 1989, so ElCid76 probably is a little older, and wiser, if he's a member of MDS.

From an earlier post #63 on MDS ...

7A38 -
    elcid89 has been posting comments a lot lately. He claims to be a tax lawyer for a law firm in Washington DC (so I could see that he may also be a CPA), and says he lives in Potomac. He also said he owns guns. All of this is what he recently said in other comments in the Baltimore Sun, but they could all be lies.

In my opinion, he's one of those gun owners that is part of the problem. He thinks he knows more than everyone else (and he doesn't), states he is a gun owner, and says he is for "reasonable" gun laws (in his opinion of course). He is argumentative with both sides, and proud of it.

I hate the guy and jump on him too. I've been posting a lot in the Sun comments lately. It's nice to see others doing the same.

And, if he REALLY is a gun owner as he claims, it's probably is out of fear rather than free will.

Attachments

• 5732_On-the-Internet-nobody-knows_faadooindia.com_.jpg
      5732_On-the-Internet-nobody-knows_faadooindia.com_.jpg
      54.4 KB · Views: 460

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Doubtful ...

ElCid89 is a graduate of The Citadel in 1989, so ElCid76 probably is a little older, and wiser, if he's a member of MDS.

From an earlier post #63 on MDS ...

And, if he REALLY is a gun owner as he claims, it's probably is out of fear rather than free will.

Probably skeet guns...(sorry to those in the sport, no offense meant).

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Koch Bros ... ?

I keep waiting to hear who actually buys The Sun out of bankruptcy ... if its one of the 3 or 4 conservative interests ... the libs will loose their minds ... I want this for the entertainment value as much as anything.

Do you think they will try to declare eminent domain over it rather than let the market take it where it wills?

L.A. city council member: ‘End of journalism’ if Koch brothers buy L.A. Times

Not that David H. Koch and Charles G. Koch would even consider buying the 'Bird Cage Liner From Baltimore', but it MIGHT spell the end of 'politics as usual' in the PRofMD. :innocent0

TimGB

Jul 10, 2011
    I read it this morning myself and of course it had the usual liberal spin on this. Obviously they make no mention of the MSP Licensing Division Advisory memo that came out 2 days ago. So I'm wondering if that was a purposeful omission or if they just didn't do their proper research. You'd think that any shop or person that knew anything about gun purchasing would have shared that document with the editor during an interview.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    So riddle me this. According to their little chart in that fine piece of "journalism", before this mess got started last December, MSP was averaging about 7,000 applications a month. At the peak of this frenzy we were averaging around 14,000, essentially twice as many with the number decreasing to 11,000 or so in subsequent months. So if the number of applications briefly doubled and then settled to an overall monthly moving avearage of around a 50% increase, why has the waiting time increased TEN TIMES over?

I don't care what anyone says, in my opinion MSP is under direct orders from MOM and company to drag ass on these applications and slow the process as much as possible.

RavensFan11

May 28, 2013
    Timonium
    The other points I would make is the statement that most applications are not first time gun buyers....I am as well as several of my family members and friends. Perhaps we not the norm across the nation, but I bet there are lots of first time buyers in MD who are reacting to the current push from the left regarding gun control.

The other point I thought really interesting was that they only quote one gun buyer at the end of the article who seems quite happy and satisfied with this wait and makes it appear to be not an issue at all! I don't know ANYONE who feels this way...I call BS on that part.

Overall it is typical Baltimore Sun MOM support.....I only get it on Sunday to get the coupons.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Ding, ding, ding, ding ... we have a winner.

So riddle me this. According to their little chart in that fine piece of "journalism", before this mess got started last December, MSP was averaging about 7,000 applications a month. At the peak of this frenzy we were averaging around 14,000, essentially twice as many with the number decreasing to 11,000 or so in subsequent months. So if the number of applications briefly doubled and then settled to an overall monthly moving avearage of around a 50% increase, why has the waiting time increased TEN TIMES over?

I don't care what anyone says, in my opinion MSP is under direct orders from MOM and company to drag ass on these applications and slow the process as much as possible.

And couple your observation with the FACT that extra MSP staffing was added in January when the backlog was only 21 days.

Maryland State Police Face a Lengthy Backlog of Background Checks, Gun Dealers Say

“Certainly the workload has increased, but we’re still trying to stick to the seven days,” Maryland State Police spokesperson Elena Russo said, adding that state police troopers from other divisions have been called in to help process the high volume of background checks.

States seek to fix gun background check backlog

In Maryland, state police increased processing hours from eight to 21 a day to address a backlog of more than 47,000 applications, Sgt. Marc Black said. New state gun laws take effect in October, and the state police licensing division added more personnel and spent money on overtime and additional computers to address the accumulation.

Soooo ... the ONLY logical reason for the delay is a purposeful and deliberate thumb by Owe"Malley on his sycophant brass in Pikesville.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Absolutely suspicious ... the reasons should come out in MSI's lawsuit ... the messages to dealers this past week are probably an early attempt to moot the lawsuit and stop info from becoming public ... look for more moves by MSP to moot the lawsuit so the questions cannot be asked and the answers never known

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom