TOWSON
    i wonder how it would do in the GSG? looks like fun:D
    i215331sn02.jpg

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    i'm thinking FROSTBITE SHOOT:innocent0
    Put a fun new twist on plinking and target shooting with tracer ammunition. This non-corrosive, high-velocity .22 Long Rifle ammunition produces a bright-red tracer trail of approximately 150 yards. Since the trail is visible day or night, it provides a clear view of the bullet's trajectory, flight path and impact point. It also makes great practice ammo as it allows you to track the exact path of the bullet, helping you to understand its dynamics. This quality ammunition will not damage your firearm. This ammunition will not function in handguns, it is designed for rifles only. Made in USA.
    With every 250-round purchase, you'll receive a NEW Dry-Storage box, a $14.99 value. These rugged polymer Dry-Storage Boxes are lockable and have a heavy-duty latch. Olive Drab color. Measures 14"L x 11-1/2"H x 8"W.
    Available:

250 Rounds - 1 Dry Box $109.99
    500 Rounds - 2 Dry Boxes $199.99

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    How can it not "function" in a handgun? The clerk at Wally world asked me the other day is the .22's I bought were for a handgun. HHMMMMmmmmmmmm.......

And thank god he only works at wally world and not at a real store... However he prob has a good chance working for the new admin. lol :lol2:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    How can it not "function" in a handgun? The clerk at Wally world asked me the other day is the .22's I bought were for a handgun. HHMMMMmmmmmmmm.......

i think that's their computer asking that when someone buys ammo not that the clerk was that uninformed...although he/she could be i feel like giving them the benefit of the doubt from having so many jobs in retail

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    mom and i went to wally world last night and spent $175.00 on ammo...

christ prices are up

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

It shouldn't make much of a difference in function between the actions of pistol and rifle semi-autos, but would make a difference in lighting the tracing pellet. The chemical compounds in tracers takes a lot of heat and pressure to light, and a little time to burn through the protective coating, a pistol's short barrel might not keep the heat long enough to burn through the coating, and reliably light the tracer, it can also delay the lighting until the bullet is downrange, or even after it hits the target, instead of lighting in the barrel, and tracing the entire path. It also happens with M856 in AR pistols that would normally light reliably in longer barrels.

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    .22lr is not just for rifles, I use it in my ruger MKIII handgun. They are required to ask what the ammo is for. If it's for a handgun you must be 21 to buy it, 18 for a rifle even though it's the exact same ammo. At least that's what the sales clerk told me.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Pretty much any "rifle" sized cartridge that is 1.5" or less (to fit in a pistol magazine) has some sort of pistol designed for it.

And what about those really short chopped rifles with no stocks, that we like to call "AK pistols" etc.? ;)

So technically they can ID for 7.62x39mm and .223 since there are "pistols" that fire those. Why not just ID for everything and stop nit-picking.

Again, this is one of those silly things the gun grabbers like to start. Guns are guns and bullets are bullets. It should be all or none, take it or leave it, YMMV, IMHO, colon - parenthesis.... etc. etc.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The american 180, 275rd drums, full auto 22lr:D

The upper in Smokey's post is the lakeside LM7, you too can own one for about $2000
    JB arms

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    .22lr is not just for rifles, I use it in my ruger MKIII handgun. They are required to ask what the ammo is for. If it's for a handgun you must be 21 to buy it, 18 for a rifle even though it's the exact same ammo. At least that's what the sales clerk told me.

but this is company policy, not the law... am I right?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006

Next time a Wal-Mart worker drone asks you if they're for a handgun, say "no, they're for a flintlock."

God, I love teasing those poor dolts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom