BUS FROM CARROLL COUNTY TO ANNAPOLIS FEBRUARY 6th.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    To all those from the Carroll County and bordering areas, please read, and read entire content carefully.

UPDATE NOTE: We have filled out one bus and currently working on a second bus, so this offer will be extended to Saturday 02/02/13 at 5:00 PM OR the second bus fills out sooner, whichever occurs first. If you have not sent payment in the mail addressed to my shop by Thursday morning 01/31/13, you'll have to pay at the shop during shop hours Friday 02/01/13 from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM or Saturday 02/02/13 from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM. My contact info during shop hours as previously stated within will be 410-795-3720.

UPDATED NOTE: See my post #43 for designated park and pickup points. Thanks.

I have secured up to three buses from Devilbiss Bus Company that's locally owned by a pro 2A owner for Wednesday, February 6th Senate Hearings. Here is the plan. The bus (or buses) will depart from a designated point, or points, in or about central Carroll County. These park and pickup point(s) will be established by me no later than (hopefully) Sunday, February 3rd and posted here in this thread by or before that date.

The time schedule for this will be as follows:

Boarding buses at pickup point(s) will commence at 9:30 AM and departure at 9:40 AM. If, and I repeat, IF, multiple points of park and pickup are scheduled, all those involved must be at their designated pickup point by 9:30, even if your pickup time will be slightly later than 9:30. The bus(s) will as per my request, drop us off in front of, or near the Senate building at approximately 11:00 AM in Annapolis. The return boarding of bus(s) will be at 8:00 PM or 9:00 PM, as per my direction to the driver(s), though I suspect it will be the latter as opposed to the former. If it is a 9:10 departure from Annapolis (in front of, or near the Senate building), we should be back in central Carroll County at approximately 10:15 to 10:30, or an hour earlier if departure from Annapolis is scheduled at 8:10 PM.

The cost of this trip is quite minimal, at $15.00 per person/per seat based on near maximum bus occupancy. The bus(s) will seat 44 adult sized people comfortably as per the owner. When one adds up the cost of gasoline for a round trip from Westminster (or there about), the cost of parking in Annapolis, possible cost for a shuttle from the stadium to the Senate building, and all the walking involved, $15.00 per person is a REAL bargain.

If you want to take advantage of this, you MUST commit here in this thread (no PM's or phone calls) absolutely NO LATER THAN Wednesday, January 30th. Upon your commitment as per or before January 30th, you MUST mail a check or money order to my shop address (as indicated at the end of this post) and make sure it arrives at the shop no later than Saturday, February 2nd. If it doesn't arrive by then, you'll be removed from the list. To ensure your spot on the bus, you can drop off your check or cash at the shop on Friday, February 1st, 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM---OR Saturday, February 2nd, from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM, weather permitting. If the weather is bad (ice and/or snow) that Friday and/or Saturday, I will direct in this thread what to do as an alternative.

The mailing address is:

Shooters Discount
    401 Center St. Ste 101
    Mt. Airy, MD 21771

NOTE:
    If paying by check or money order, please remember to make it payable to LOUIS NICHOLS and NOT my company name, and be sure to include your MDS screen name and complete real name. In no way is this offer affiliated with or to be construed in any way, shape or form with involvement of Shooters Discount, I am strictly doing this as a forum member only for the convenience of those that want to do this. Please keep in mind, I still need to contact the about 32 members of Mayberry GPA that signed up on a roster at our last meeting that are interested in partaking of this endeavor. If by chance we fill out three buses OR don't have enough to fill (or about fill) a given bus, those that committed last will be removed from the list (you'll be contacted by PM either way) as we need at least 40 people per bus to make this work.

Thanks for taking time to read this LENGTHLY post and hope to see many take up on this opportunity to go fight for our rights in AMMO-POLIS.:D

Lou

Last edited:

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Lou, way to go. If I was in that part of the state I would unquestionably be on one of those buses. A great value, indeed. Let's hope all three get filled.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I don't think a pick up point has been definately decided yet. I think Lou is waiting to see what response he gets. I will know Monday if I can go or not. BTW, Thanks Lou.

I'm in!!! Will drop off cash on friday night at the shop.

Last edited:

ih23

Dec 13, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Great deal! I hope everyone in those parts are yelling it from the roof tops and every gun club, gun range and gun store around there. Heck, get any conservative minded groups involved. We need numbers. There's no excuse. Once again, great deal. This is a great opportunity.

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    Hay Lou, I am in for one seat. Just in case you need a bus stop, my shop is in westminster and we have pleanty of parking and easy for a bus to get in and out. Easy to get to right off 27 just north of the mall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom