• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eARl

Mar 25, 2014
    This may be a dumb question, but is a vepr12 tactical shotgun legal in Maryland.

eARl

Mar 25, 2014
    Thanks for your help. Just out of curiosity... How much are they going for. The reason I ask is I am thinking of trading my spikes tactical brand new ar15 for one. I have around $1300 in my rifle with the furniture and rail, scope. Am I crazy or are these vepr's pretty badass!

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Thanks for your help. Just out of curiosity... How much are they going for. The reason I ask is I am thinking of trading my spikes tactical brand new ar15 for one. I have around $1300 in my rifle with the furniture and rail, scope. Am I crazy or are these vepr's pretty badass!

The VEPR 12s are really nice, and they have come down in price significantly from when they were first being imported. I'm not in the shop at the moment, but I think they are priced under a grand now.
    I don't know the particulars of your Spikes Tactical rifle, but I do not believe they currently offer a complete heavy barreled rifle that would be legal for sale in MD. Therefore, I would strongly urge you to reconsider getting rid of a rifle that you can no longer replace. You may have already considered this, but I figured it was worth mentioning. The money will always come and go, some rifles won't. I certainly have some regrets about letting a few guns go.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Do you have extra mags available for them?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I have a couple of Russian 8 rounders and several SGM 10rd mags. The russian mags are excellent, but they are twice the price of the SGM. I know some folks have had issues with the SGM mags, while others have no problems at all. On the upside, at least from what I've been told, SGM will take the mags back and repair or replace them.

eARl

Mar 25, 2014
    Is it still legal in maryland, if it has the folding stock? I have talked to various ppeople at the lgs in my area and they were not sure...being that the stock does fold.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Is it still legal in maryland, if it has the folding stock? I have talked to various ppeople at the lgs in my area and they were not sure...being that the stock does fold.

Semi auto shotgun with a folding stock is banned.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia

You're fine, the Vepr stock is pinned open (small spot weld).

eARl

Mar 25, 2014
    The particular vepr 12 that someone wants to trade me shows a collapsing stock in the picture. I take it that's a no go in maryland.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    In that case you'd still be fine. SB281 doesn't ban a collapsing/telescoping stock on a shotgun, just the folding stock.

eARl

Mar 25, 2014
    In that case you'd still be fine. SB281 doesn't ban a collapsing/telescoping stock on a shotgun, just the folding stock.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean collapsing. The stock he has is a folding stock. Sorry for the confusion. It's a Pennsylvania resident that wants to trade me. I really want the shotgun, but want to abide by the stupid law also.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Got it. Well was it a really sweet deal? Because you can buy them brand new right now, stock pinned SB281-legal, for ~$800.

eARl

Mar 25, 2014
    I think it's a pretty good deal although knowing the stock will not be allowed to fold by MD law will make the shotgun a little less appealing. I don't mind following the laws of our state, I just wish they were easier to understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom