• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmokeEaterPilot

Jun 3, 2011
    Hey Guys,

I'll be posting this on a few of the regional forums.

Every once and a while my buddy and I will do a day trip on the weekend to check out some of the smaller towns that have a few gun shops to see what they have to offer. So far I've been to the Manassas area and that was promising. Didn't find any "great deals" but they were some good gun shops in that town.

Anyone recommend some good gun shops that have a nice collection of older military firearms?

Always looking for a new town to check out. It's fun to get away for the afternoon, nice drive, check out some gun shops and grab a beer and lunch at a local bar.

Any recommendations I'll throw on my "to-visit-list!"

Thanks!

DrCatt

A Knight Without Armor
    Mar 11, 2013
    Carroll County
    Check out Winchester, VA. Stonewall Arms has good standard stuff like mags while the Old Towne Armory on the Walking Mall has tons of historic firearms. For food the Walking Mall has some good options too! Check out Union Jacks for a good beer selection. It's just a few stores down from the Armory.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I just stopped into Redding's Hardware and Sporting Goods in Gettysburg for the first time today.... man, was I impressed. Best selection of EVERYTHING I've seen in a long time. Lots of new and used guns to choose from.... lots of ammo... lots of powder... lots of everything. I was not sure what to expect based on the name (figured it was a hardware store that sold a few rifles... I was wrong).

8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    Reddings seems to always have a lot of stock.
    In my opinion its due to their prices. Their powder prices are the highest in the entire area. Its cheaper to buy two pounds of pounder online and pay the hazmat then to buy from them. JMHO

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom