• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Looking at some pricing on the apparently bigger reloaders out there, Freedom Munitions and LAX Ammo both have .45 (main thing I need to stock up on) for about .32/rd.

I see a few threads here and there about Freedom, I'd say 80-90% positive with a few notes to check bullet seating on their reman ammo, but don't find any discussion about LAX.

So, does anybody buy/shoot/like their stuff? They also have some new ammo that I like a lot at very good prices, which would make them a one-stop shop for most of what I need.

If they suck, though, I don't want to waste my time and money.

So, over to you, peanut gallery!

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I just bought some 44 mag. ammo from them. They had the best price I've found. The ammo came loose in a plastic bag, and well packaged. It looks to be brand new, and very shinny. I haven't shot it yet, but I can't see having any issues with it.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I've used Freedom and found it to be great. They had .45 on sale yesterday with $5 shipping for new customers. Not sure if it is still on sale today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Looking at some pricing on the apparently bigger reloaders out there, Freedom Munitions and LAX Ammo both have .45 (main thing I need to stock up on) for about .32/rd.

I see a few threads here and there about Freedom, I'd say 80-90% positive with a few notes to check bullet seating on their reman ammo, but don't find any discussion about LAX.

So, does anybody buy/shoot/like their stuff? They also have some new ammo that I like a lot at very good prices, which would make them a one-stop shop for most of what I need.

If they suck, though, I don't want to waste my time and money.

So, over to you, peanut gallery!

I bought both LAX and freedom. The most recent purchase was 10mm, but I have bought other stuff.

observations for LAX:

* shipping took a really long time. LAX shipped it right away, but the drive across the country was looooong. I do not think they air it.

* I think the ammo is underpowered. Not even close to the most accurate pistol ammo I have ever bought. I suspect that the loading is inconsistent.

On the plus side: inexpensive, clean, and never had a failure to feed. Gun always cycled. Not half bad for cheap target practice.

Freedom:
    * Medium quality, but after some boxes I find flakes of something in the gun I do not see with other ammo. I thought it was a fluke at first, but I'd have to say some boxes are dirty. I bought a bunch of boxes at various times, enough to know its not a fluke. I am not sure what it is - looks like metal flakes - but I do not like it, and probably will not buy it again.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    I bought both LAX and freedom. The most recent purchase was 10mm, but I have bought other stuff.

* I think the ammo is underpowered. Not even close to the most accurate pistol ammo I have ever bought. I suspect that the loading is inconsistent.

Freedom:
    * Medium quality, but after some boxes I find flakes of something in the gun I do not see with other ammo. I thought it was a fluke at first, but I'd have to say some boxes are dirty. I bought a bunch of boxes at various times, enough to know its not a fluke. I am not sure what it is - looks like metal flakes - but I do not like it, and probably will not buy it again.

I think you may be onto something with LAX being inconsistent. The last batch of 9mm I got from them in December of 2013 was hot.

Never saw anything like you are reporting with Freedom. I have quite a bit of faw-tee from them.

Erick

Sep 13, 2013
    I've bougth Ammo from both.
    No problems w/ LAX, waiting on a shipment from freedom right now. Will be rhere next week :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom