• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AV8OR

Jan 22, 2010
    The 104th Fighter Squadron is holding a UPT selection board next spring (Feb 2014). Applications are due NLT 30 Nov 2013. Below you can find all the information.

Details:
    We will hire 1-2 people who will be in our training pipeline. This pipeline consits of :
    1. Passing a backround check, medical tests, and paperwork process
    2. Getting commisioned
    3. Attending Undergraduate Pilot Training
    4. Attending Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals
    5. Attending A-10C training
    6. Attending survival school.

This process takes an average of 2-4 years before you will be back in Baltimore flying the hog.

What you need to apply.
    1. 4 year degree
    2. Enter pilot training before you turn 30
    3. Clean history
    4. Private pilot license or flying time.
    5. AFOQT, TBAS, and a few other tests.
    6. A drive to succeed!

If you have any interest please PM me and I will get you more information!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      79.9 KB · Views: 794

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Yeah, I get to see you and your wing man flying over my house every month. Whe you get your wings give me a wave. I didnt mean a wave of bullets.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    One of my few regrets in life that I wish I had done when I was younger........

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Regrets

One of my few regrets in life that I wish I had done when I was younger........

Hahahahaha Funny, that is my only REAL REGRET. I would have liked to change many decision that I had made in the past, but the one regret, was not allowing SGT KAWA, sigh me up back in 1978. I let a friend, obviously now, not a good one :lol2: ( he had his own issues in the Army in Europe ) talk me out of it. There was a $2500 signing bonus ( which was ALOT back then :-) and a choice to be stationed anywhere in the world if there was an opening for your MOS.

I wanted Intelligence, SIGNIT to be exact, and the only opening close was Communications. My recruiter, told me after a year, I could transfer in :D Now, back then, right after NAM, recruiters would NEVER LIE :rolleyes:

My buddy had me request that this be put on paper, and guess what...yea, ahh, well....that could be a problem!! But, I should have taken Communications. Back then, I really needed a mentor, a good one, in the military. I was just contacted on FB by a HS friend, who pretty much lived my life. He joined in '77, retired about 12 years ago, traveled the world as a contractor, and now lives in a big ole house on acres and acres of land near Langley VA.

Oh well, to do over, wouldn't that be nice.:D

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    TO AV8OR I know you do not need for me to tell you how LUCKY you are....:-) You probably go to bed with a smile and a woody every night thinking about that plane. Hahahahahaa at least, here now, I think I would be..:-) Did you start out on a Harrier, by your name.?

BUT, to fly an A10 MAN.....with that GIGANTIC 30 Mike MIke....wow, that has to be one of the best rush's in the world......I love watching the video's on Military.com about a gun run on some unlucky Taliban. hahahahaahah I don't think there would be much of a body left if hit by just ONE of those shells. I handled one about 25 yrs ago, and wow, they are frigging huge. Makes a 20mm look like a 30 06 compared to it.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Can a 104th alumnus re-enlist ?

Admittedly, I'm a mite-too-aged, never piloted before, and I don't have a 4 year degree, but DAMN ...

I want to fire that gattling cannon just once ... it's on my bucket list. And strapping on the 1911 'survival sidearm' when I do, would be a plus.

All I ever got to do back in the early 70's was repair radios in the O2's. They swpped in the A10's about the time I got out.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    My grand dad built them, eye sight and lack of motivation kept me a dreamer. The plant tour is one reasons why I went into industrial mechanics though.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    I see MDANG A-10's fly over low Oxford multiple times per week. Not sure where they call home, but it looks like they're having fun!

nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.
    The 104th Fighter Squadron is holding a UPT selection board next spring (Feb 2014). Applications are due NLT 30 Nov 2013. Below you can find all the information.

Is my buddy Andre J. still flying with your group? Ask him about ejection seat training in Savannah :lol2:

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Back when I was 25, in the pa air guard, I went through the selection process and made it, this was the 111th at willow grove, I believe you guys absorbed the majority of the airframes/pilots when they were BRAC'd. Anyway I was then invited out to a weekend of drinking/shadowing some members of the unit to "test me out". My girlfriend at the time, wife now, didn't want me to go and I eventually turned the position down. I remember reading books at the age of 8 about the A10 and to this day it is my favorite of all time . Anytime a hog comes on tv or movie I make sure to ask her questions about it in order to never let it go. It is one of the biggest regrets of my life but when I look at my two little boys (1 and 3) I'm glad I did because who knows if they would be with me now. Now, at 32 my time has passed but if my sons ever have the opportunity, I WILL live through them on this one!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom