• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Does anyone know where the link is to to the form to file a complaint with USPS about a seller who cashed my MO but never delivered the scope?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Last time I saw this happen, the defrauded party reported it at the local Post Office.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I had this happen to me.
    You will need to go to your local Post Office AND call you local Police Department.
    You will file a report with your local PD and they will contact the local PD in seller's home town.

I think I had to call in my issues to the post office main number (your local office will tell you). I NEVER heard from a postal inspector. I was stupid and paid the price of losing $800.

You can file paperwork but don't have too much hope for any sort of justice.
    Sorry.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    :sad20: I've done it a few times without being burned, but I try to stay away from mailing money orders.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Does anyone know where the link is to to the form to file a complaint with USPS about a seller who cashed my MO but never delivered the scope?

Follow the advice already posted here. USPS lost $1,275 worth of MOs for me last year, but refunded $1,100 last September, after a 60 day wait. I cannot locate the stub for the $175 and may never get reimbursed for it.

Also, it took 13 days for them to ship a Winchester M1 Garand to the northern end of Long Island (about a 3 day trip normally), 14 days to get a wedding gift check to Yakima, WA and another 13 days to get MOs to a seller down South.

USPS stinks!

Lew--Ranger63

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    I had this happen to me.
    You will need to go to your local Post Office AND call you local Police Department.
    You will file a report with your local PD and they will contact the local PD in seller's home town.

I think I had to call in my issues to the post office main number (your local office will tell you). I NEVER heard from a postal inspector. I was stupid and paid the price of losing $800.

You can file paperwork but don't have too much hope for any sort of justice.
    Sorry.

Yeah, the postal inspectors are fairly useless. I ended calling the ATF for one issue and, WOW, did the USPS starting moving at that point.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    I would start by filing an online complaint with the Postal Inspectors. There are several options as I recall, mail fraud comes to mind since you paid with a Postal MO and the goods were never delivered.
    Good luck.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Same scope. I just now found the MO receipt. At the time of the rip off I went to Timonium PO 2x and was told there was nothing they could do about it. Contacted seller who claimed he mailed it but had no receipt so his PO could do nothing. I paid for ins and tracking. Anyway, when I first posted about this scope someone put up a link to an online form to print out and file a complaint. I never did because I couldn't find the receipt but just did the other day cleaning out an old file folder so I thought if I could find the online form to file I'd give it a go. Don't expect much but worth a try. FWIW, USPS do nothing to protect the buyer it seems, just guarantee payment to the seller.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    If the only payment option a seller gave me was a MO I would move on. Asking for a MO has ripoff written all over it. Almost as bad as Western Union.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    If the only payment option a seller gave me was a MO I would move on. Asking for a MO has ripoff written all over it. Almost as bad as Western Union.

AS I'm finding out. I thought it would be mail fraud but the PO doesn't give a sh*t. Most private sellers don't take credit cards so not much of a choice except maybe paypal I guess, but I didn't think they handled anything gun related.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Once again it shows one needs to do your homework before sending your hard earned money out the door. I try to check the seller the best I can. If using Gunbroker, Sig Forum and MDS, I check any feedbacks, amount of posts on forum as well as membership date, same goes for the gun sales sites (how many sales does the dealer have). I also never send to a PO box as the only address, I have one guy I have dealt with who while he wants the MO sent to a PO box and I have his home address also (I think he is hiding sales from his spouse). These days more and more folks have a Pay Pal account, while the rules for guns sales are restricted, parts are not. Remember even with all the checking nothing is guaranteed. Chris

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    AS I'm finding out. I thought it would be mail fraud but the PO doesn't give a sh*t. Most private sellers don't take credit cards so not much of a choice except maybe paypal I guess, but I didn't think they handled anything gun related.

PayPal handles firearms related stuff, I use it on fleabay all the time, I even donated to this forum using them.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    PayPal gift = rip off. It's a gift you can't get back. PayPal for merchandise you gan get back unless firearm related

USPS money orders = better then CC. Nothing delivered or stolen? USPS money order is replaced after 60 days. Also a felony to steal it = USPS Inspection Service, FBI and Secret Service.

For the OP, after two years your SOL. Seller will just claim your full of BS waiting that long.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    PayPal gift = rip off. It's a gift you can't get back. PayPal for merchandise you gan get back unless firearm related

USPS money orders = better then CC. Nothing delivered or stolen? USPS money order is replaced after 60 days. Also a felony to steal it = USPS Inspection Service, FBI and Secret Service.

For the OP, after two years your SOL. Seller will just claim your full of BS waiting that long.

Yeah I figured I'm SOL but will try anyway. I misfiled my receipt in the wrong place and just found it. I still have emails and PMs from seller so I do have a trail.
    IME credit cards are the safest. They have alway returned my money if any issues. So I am correct about Paypal not backing up sales fro anything gun related?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom