• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    The "waiting on the courts" idea is played out. Simple stroke of the pen redefining G&S, takes all of 2 minutes. Net cost to the taxpayer? Zero.

Matter of fact, it would be a steady income stream if done properly, i.e; Florida.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I see this as good news. The last thing he needs to do is put a pro 2A in charge of the MSP at this time. I look for him to make the announcement later, after all of the libs stop eyeballing everything he is doing.

I know, that may never happen, but I think the longer this goes, the better it will be for us.

Jim Smith

This is important, IMO...

Slow and steady, take care of the big issues first.

Then, meet with the current brass to provide his take on the changes we would like to see. Gauge their responsiveness, then decide on any possible changes.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The "waiting on the courts" idea is played out. Simple stroke of the pen redefining G&S, takes all of 2 minutes. Net cost to the taxpayer? Zero.

Matter of fact, it would be a steady income stream if done properly, i.e; Florida.

Yes, it is played out. We need to be wary of being strung along, while being patient. Hogan needs to sign his name to the definition, otherwise all is for naught.

With that said, I am in full agreement for Hogan to take care of the Budget crapfest he is inheriting first.

We will never be like Florida. The Democrats need to be forced to accept the 2A.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I don't ever see MD issuing non resident permits like FL. The phobia against firearms is so ingrained in the MD GA culture I think just changing G&S would be a monumental leap in and of itself.

One can dream though.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I think the only way we know something changes is after an appointment and someone applies for a handgun permit with self defense as G&S and gets approved. No fanfare no announcement. Just happens.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I think the only way we know something changes is after an appointment an someone applies for a handgun permit with self defense as G&S and gets approved. No fanfare no announcement. Just happens.

I'd actually prefer it goes down that way. I'd like to have my restrictions removed, not sure how that whole process would work without other changes taking place though.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I would hope most people on here already know it takes someone of tenure, and experience to be the top guy at a big organization. Years of leadership, degree or two, whatever.

Does appointing someone who has never been a Trooper for Superintendent "ruffle feathers"? Reason I ask, I thought their organization is pretty para-military, lots of traditions, and someone told me one has to go through their academy regardless if they already are a Peace Officer in Maryland.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I would hope most people on here already know it takes someone of tenure, and experience to be the top guy at a big organization. Years of leadership, degree or two, whatever.

Does appointing someone who has never been a Trooper for Superintendent "ruffle feathers"? Reason I ask, I thought their organization is pretty para-military, lots of traditions, and someone told me one has to go through their academy regardless if they already are a Peace Officer in Maryland.

The best candidate we know is very well versed in the MSP organization.

http://watchdogwire.com/maryland/20...e-commander-not-to-answer-gun-bill-questions/

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    He would be raked over the coals for not going with the program the first time.

MSP serves at the pleasure of the Governor of this State.

He would be IN CHARGE of the organization, no one to do the raking....

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

The state has a similar process on appointments like the federal government.

The MSP superintendent needs to be confirmed by the senate. That is what I am referring too.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

I beg to differ - The Baltimore Sun and all the other little liberal rag editors around the state. Then we have the NY Times, the Chicago papers, the LA Times, and all the anti-gun "nonprofits."

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    If you think for 1 minute ANYTHING gun-related in this State would co unnoticed... you must be insane. Odds are that someone(s) on this forum is/are licking their chops waiting to use something posted here to push the liberal agenda... Sad, but true... not all on this forum are here with the best intentions. :mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom