• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoKKboXXer

Feb 27, 2013
    Catonsville
    Thought i would ask here first. Does anyone on here do house insulation? I am looking for quotes to have my attic insulation evaluated and possibly redone. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    It isn't hard to DYI this, true, but unless it a very small job or super-easy, you probably cannot save enough on material to justify your labor.

Insulating companies buy material in huge lots, and they can buy so much cheaper than the average consumer, they can charge labor and still not cost much more than you'd pay for material alone.

Unless someone here does it, I'd suggest speaking with Ginny at A.C. & R. Insulation (443-459-5800) and feel free to tell her I gave you the number Ginny should be able to give you a price per square foot, and if you have plans, she can give you a complete price.

Try to identify what's there, thickness and R-value, and she will probably be able to help/advise over the phone.

Have your information ready:
    a) Job location
    b) Total square feet
    c) Type of work (batts/blown/supplemental in attic)
    d) Desired R-factor
    e) Special techniques (like having it stapled when everyone usually uses Tiger Teeth)

Last time I considered insulating on my own, the costs were so close, it didn't make sense to spend my own time doing it.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It isn't hard to DYI this, true, but unless it a very small job or super-easy, you probably cannot save enough on material to justify your labor.

Insulating companies buy material in huge lots, and they can buy so much cheaper than the average consumer, they can charge labor and still not cost much more than you'd pay for material alone.

Unless someone here does it, I'd suggest speaking with Ginny at A.C. & R. Insulation (443-459-5800) and feel free to tell her I gave you the number Ginny should be able to give you a price per square foot, and if you have plans, she can give you a complete price.

Try to identify what's there, thickness and R-value, and she will probably be able to help/advise over the phone.

Have your information ready:

a) Job location

b) Total square feet

c) Type of work (batts/blown/supplemental in attic)

d) Desired R-factor

e) Special techniques (like having it stapled when everyone usually uses Tiger Teeth)

Last time I considered insulating on my own, the costs were so close, it didn't make sense to spend my own time doing it.

THIS.
    I've used AC&R many times and they do great work! Just used them a few months ago for a wine cellar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    It maybe worth a call to Harford Insulation, I price insulating my addition on my house and they did it for me for the same price I could buy the product for. They also do a very good job.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Have any of you guys rented one of those insulation blowing machines from Lowes or Home Depot and done this yourself? I have a townhouse down at the beach could use a little more insulation on the second floor but I don't feel like climbing in there and rolling it out myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom