• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smg1231

Dec 15, 2012
    Ellicott City
    I have tried Aimpoint and Eotech, but always come back to the trijicons....

Left to right:
    1.) TA11F on Daniel Defense V5 LW Upper
    2.) TA31F on Daniel Defense MK18 Upper
    3.) TA44 on a LMT MRP 10.5" Upper

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      92.9 KB · Views: 759

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Always wanted one, have yet to purchase. Was going to spend some coin on nice build for one of my new lowers, but just picked up my new hunting companion. Have to start saving again. Nice builds and very jealous.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    scope+cost= more than rifle does not compute. Seriously though, they are good scopes, but I think the pricetag is way too high for any scope. Somewhere along the line, we let scopemakers believe that these costs were acceptable.

smg1231

Dec 15, 2012
    Ellicott City
    I think the cost of the ACOG or other high end scope is completely justified. They increase the hit probability and accuracy of the shooter. That is why the military will put a $10k Thermal Optic on an $800 rifle.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    scope+cost= more than rifle does not compute. Seriously though, they are good scopes, but I think the pricetag is way too high for any scope. Somewhere along the line, we let scopemakers believe that these costs were acceptable.

Nobody else out there offers what they do at a lower price point. I have no doubt they would of they could. Durable, dependable, accurate. Doesn't need batteries and can be used day or night. These aren't designed for the range where a little inconvenience is fine. These are designed for combat where there is no room for error. You want the best tool for the job.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have used them, and I know they are quality optics, I guess I'm just cheap.

It also depends on what you need. For those of us just punching paper, you don't need all the features of an ACOG. You can get the exact same result for a quarter of the price.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    It also depends on what you need. For those of us just punching paper, you don't need all the features of an ACOG. You can get the exact same result for a quarter of the price.

I wish that logic stuck in my head. Somehow my wants are never logical in nature but, are more based in the "That Kicks Ass!" realm. Shortly after that my wife's voice scrambles into my brain like a radio tuning in a distant station and I struggle with the fact that my arsenal is forever growing and my wallet forever shrinking and that when you boil it all down to pennies and nickels I'm still just an armchair keyboard commander who likes tacticool doohickeys! God willing thats all I will ever have to be.

Nice collection OP like many others, I envy your setup. Sure I couldn't borrow one for my pistol build? I will trade you my Vortex sparc! LOL Anyhow Nicely done, Someday.............

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Show off! jk. Great looking rifles! What kind of light is that on the rifle on the far left?

That appears to be a Surefire X300 or X300 Ultra. Great lights. I have both but keep them on my pistols. Great optics and like everything else in this world, you get what you pay for.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    That appears to be a Surefire X300 or X300 Ultra. Great lights. I have both but keep them on my pistols. Great optics and like everything else in this world, you get what you pay for.

I have a few Surefire handhelds for work but not one for my AR. Was thinking of getting one or one of those Inforce. Not a dire need at the moment though.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Love my TA44. Trijicons may be pricey, but high quality always has a price.

With optics, you can choose any 2 of these features:

*Cheap
    *Dependable
    *Optical clarity

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Have yet to find an ACOG that I like overall. There's always something that doesn't quite work for my preferences.

Knowing my luck, the one I'll like will be the most expensive damn one.

More power to you OP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom